Paul Watson

Boston Red Sox

6 minutes ago, InsidePar said:

Weeks ago, Watson and Dorrans were both wanting their contracts ripped up and made free agents immediately.  Dorrans must have backed down

Surprised at Dorrans as well after Grant signing him. 

Grant needs to go, I'm just not budging from that now. It's all been said about him, it's been distraction after distraction because of a lot of Grant's behaviours. This job is too big for him imo. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Its quite common for players at our level to get extra time off when there's a gap between games,  and normally its for the full squad.  Its not typically called a holiday.  We're talking a few days.  Players would typically use that to go see family etc but I couldn't complain if a player went abroad instead.  Or certainly if we weren't under travel restrictions where going abroad could potentially force a player to not be able to return to training at the same time as everyone else.

I do agree that in the current situation the players unlikely to get that extra time off.

That provides more clarity to the situation.  Not much option for the club then.

I should have made it clear that Watson told the club he had Covid well before the international break, but I didn't know that when I made the earlier post and checked it out with my source.

1 hour ago, InsidePar said:

Weeks ago, Watson and Dorrans were both wanting their contracts ripped up and made free agents immediately.  Dorrans must have backed down

If that’s the case regarding Dorrans and he’s now injured, I’m sure he won’t be so quick to want it ripped up now eh?

1 hour ago, GG Riva said:

I should have made it clear that Watson told the club he had Covid well before the international break, but I didn't know that when I made the earlier post and checked it out with my source.

That changes timeline a bit.  Its clear the issues have been going on long term, but it would seem to me the final straw happened some point between the hamilton and rovers game,  as he played vs Hamilton and has been absent since.

Possibly two separate incidents,  as despite it being clear he's tried to be clever and failed it doesn't make much sense to say at that point he had covid to get time off during the international break,  his 10 days would only cover the very beginning.  That to me would suggest he went on holiday as he decided he was leaving anyway and couldn't care.

Yep there is the possibility that he has engineered his release. I think there is scope he could pick something up as a trialist or even in the Jan window. I think we could do better and he is probably good enough to be picked up elsewhere. I felt slightly more aggrieved at Turner leaving last season, but if players are not committed I don't want them to be here.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Superally said:

Yep there is the possibility that he has engineered his release. I think there is scope he could pick something up as a trialist or even in the Jan window. I think we could do better and he is probably good enough to be picked up elsewhere. I felt slightly more aggrieved at Turner leaving last season, but if players are not committed I don't want them to be here.  

Aye! Good luck finding a club  (he'll need it) If I was a manager I wouldn't touch him ****ey bargepole. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Superally said:

Whether this has been an exit strategy crossed my mind as well, but upon reflection I think this would have seemed an unlikely road for him to have chosen.  I presume (based on the holiday-jaunt version of events) we'll have been able to 'dismiss him', therefore being free from having to pay any compensation and so he'll be earning no coin from football until someone can sign him.  I would have thought this would be January at the earliest, so a couple of barren months to endure; why not just sit it out and make it in the clubs interests to move you on until January, or even until the end of the season?  Alternatively, he could have negotiated a mutual termination of his contract, where I am sure he could have agreed a small 'settlement' fee and better preserved his reputation for future employers.  It sounds like he either simply DGAF anymore or he thought he would get away with it; either way, it sounds like the kind of attitude you would not associate with a senior player.  I am sure another club will pick him up, however, given he's a seasoned defender at Championship level.  He would surely be a good, solidifying addition to an Ayr, or a QoS in the Championship or maybe even a 'prodigal' return to Falkirk.

• Like 1

I have very little doubt Watson will have a deal signed early January.  He can't sign for anyone above LL yet.  But there's a chance he could get an agreed deal somewhere where he'll get 3 games as a trialist in December and contract until end of the season minimum.

He can potentially be training with a team ahead of that and either go play as a trialist a league or 2 below that side or go a temporally sign for a tier 5 or below side with everyone knowing he'd be off soon.

From his perspective if he's got his ducks lined up, he could have lost maybe a months wages, Got himself out of a situation he wasn't happy and have a chance to enjoy the rest of his career.

From other clubs perspective, 1 issue elsewhere is quickly forgotten, 2 or 3 might make you questionable but won't stop you being signed.  It takes a long list to make you unsignable. 

Even if for him the worst happens and this end his career,  he's probably only a couple of years off entering the real world anyway.

That shouldn't change the clubs perspective tho.

On 20/10/2021 at 07:15, GG Riva said:

Well, here's another fact - I don't post rumours and if I did, I'd say so.

I have it from a 100% reliable source that Watson phoned the club and told them he had Covid, knowing full well he'd be told to stay away. He then jumped on a plane to Portugal with some mates. By doing this he compromised the Pars Covid bubble.

Selfish, unprofessional, irresponsible. He obviously believes he's smarter than the average footballer. Good riddance.

Right GG Riva

Lets get one thing sorted out here with some ACTUAL FACTS relating to the Watson saga

1: At NO point did Watson ask the club if he could go abroad

2: At NO point did the club say no

3: At No point did he phone the club stating that he had covid

4: That kills the covid bubble story because that didn't happen

5: He did not jump on a plane with his mates to a Stag doo

6: If he had said that he had covid he would have to have isolated meaning he would have missed the Saturday game in which he played the full 90 minutes

7: He has never been labelled a BAD EGG as you state in previous posts

That's just for starters

If you would like to compare notes please feel free to pm me

To quote yourself I trust my source 100% and I know for a fact that everything in my list is 100% FACT and not fantasy