Paul Watson

Boston Red Sox

4 minutes ago, Boston Red Sox said:

All rumours and gossip but if the reason given is the holiday, something must have gone on before the Raith game to get Connelly in pending Watson's departure. Anyhow, I think my line manager is a complete spangle of a spunktrumpet but I wouldn't just **** off on unauthorised holidays as I do like being in continuous employment. 

, 😂😂😂

Statement reads like 

"He can f**k off". 

Not posting something along the lines of "we thank Paul for his service and wish him all the best" looks just as unprofessional as his alleged behaviour and encourages stories to grow arms and legs imo.   Surprised that the club didn't do that and take the high ground. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, gjs93 said:

the holiday rumour doesnt account for missing the Raith and QOS games before the break so there will be more to it than just that, its another stick to beat Grant with for most though even though they have no idea what has actually happened.

agree with all of that apart from on Connolly for now.

Watson and Grant haven't been getting on for months so it was always going to end this way. I know you and Andy dont think the club are in a bad way but look at the table, we are in big trouble on the field and off the field. 

No matter how much of a ****-show you may believe a manager is, it is not acceptable to bugger off on an unauthorised holiday. Ever. 

If this story is correct then I'd expect a disciplinary process to be followed, potentially resulting in termination of contract; even if it were a star player in a high performing team. To not do so would lead to a host of other issues. 

• Upvote 3

On the holiday situation, I know it’s just rumour mill,  but it’s common for players to be given more time off on international weeks.

Was this initially given and removed? Was leave given but not being happy about him going abroad?

There’s valid reasons for both obviously but I struggle to believe Watson just went AWOL from training and was found to be in Portugal.

6 hours ago, parsforlife said:

On the holiday situation, I know it’s just rumour mill,  but it’s common for players to be given more time off on international weeks.

Was this initially given and removed? Was leave given but not being happy about him going abroad?

There’s valid reasons for both obviously but I struggle to believe Watson just went AWOL from training and was found to be in Portugal.

It might be common at clubs like Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City etc. where most of the squad are on international duty anyway.

I'd be astounded if the club had sanctioned a holiday, at home or abroad, for any player during the international break. We're sitting at the bottom of the table, the manager's job is hanging by a thread and you think he would be happy to allow players to swan off on holiday rather than bring them in for extra training? Seriously?

Bear in mind that if you gave one player permission, you'd have to let others go if they asked and you'd end up with maybe half a squad. That would be utter madness.

49 minutes ago, Piracy said:

He's gone, that's the only fact on this thread. The rest is all rumour and counter rumour. 

Hopefully he'll get a new club and we concentrate on trying to win games over the next weeks. 

This is just another unnecessary distraction. 

Well, here's another fact - I don't post rumours and if I did, I'd say so.

I have it from a 100% reliable source that Watson phoned the club and told them he had Covid, knowing full well he'd be told to stay away. He then jumped on a plane to Portugal with some mates. By doing this he compromised the Pars Covid bubble.

Selfish, unprofessional, irresponsible. He obviously believes he's smarter than the average footballer. Good riddance.

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, GG Riva said:

I have it from a 100% reliable source that Watson phoned the club and told them he had Covid, knowing full well he'd be told to stay away. He then jumped on a plane to Portugal with some mates. By doing this he compromised the Pars Covid bubble.

Selfish, unprofessional, irresponsible. He obviously believes he's smarter than the average footballer. Good riddance.

I didn't accuse you specifically. I'm done with he said, they said, 100% fact etc

Bottom line is I'm not interested in what happened. I'm interested in the club concentrating on attempting to get matches won. Like I say this is another distraction. 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Piracy said:

I didn't accuse you specifically. I'm done with he said, they said, 100% fact etc

Bottom line is I'm not interested in what happened. I'm interested in the club concentrating on attempting to get matches won. Like I say this is another distraction. 

You may not be interested but given this is not Piracy.net and other users of this website are clearly interested in discussing this I don't think your dismissive tone is befitting of a moderator. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Keyser Soze said:

You may not be interested but given this is not Piracy.net and other users of this website are clearly interested in discussing this I don't think your dismissive tone is befitting of a moderator. 

I fully agree that I was dismissive. I'm not interested in rumour counter rumour. That's nothing to do with moderating, it's a fans opinion. 

Players leave clubs all the time. Watson isn't a loss for me. I've heard enough about Peter Grant. I want him gone. However if he's in the managerial position I want him concentrating on getting a winning team on the park. 

Grant out 😂

6 hours ago, GG Riva said:

It might be common at clubs like Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City etc. where most of the squad are on international duty anyway.

I'd be astounded if the club had sanctioned a holiday, at home or abroad, for any player during the international break. We're sitting at the bottom of the table, the manager's job is hanging by a thread and you think he would be happy to allow players to swan off on holiday rather than bring them in for extra training? Seriously?

Bear in mind that if you gave one player permission, you'd have to let others go if they asked and you'd end up with maybe half a squad. That would be utter madness.

Its quite common for players at our level to get extra time off when there's a gap between games,  and normally its for the full squad.  Its not typically called a holiday.  We're talking a few days.  Players would typically use that to go see family etc but I couldn't complain if a player went abroad instead.  Or certainly if we weren't under travel restrictions where going abroad could potentially force a player to not be able to return to training at the same time as everyone else.

I do agree that in the current situation the players unlikely to get that extra time off.

5 hours ago, GG Riva said:

That provides more clarity to the situation.  Not much option for the club then.