Yogi Hughes is the new Manager

DougieDave

Thing is, as much as he's remembered as being a Falkirk player and manager, he's actually really a Hibee. He'll be trying to win every game 100% no matter who we are playing though, make no mistake about that because one thing he definitely is, is a winner.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Digs said:

Thing is, as much as he's remembered as being a Falkirk player and manager, he's actually really a Hibee. He'll be trying to win every game 100% no matter who we are playing though, make no mistake about that because one thing he definitely is, is a winner.

This.

Successful footballers have a highly developed competitive streak. They want to win every single game they play and absolutely hate losing.

If anything, this attitude is even more intense in those who go on to become managers or coaches. The clubs they once played for are irrelevant. If anything, they'll want to beat them even more than other teams.

• Upvote 1

No doubt supporters make mountains out of molehills regarding being associated with other clubs. Specific to Yogi's situation it's evident he's very much his own man. Any suggestion that being a former Falkirk player and manager somehow compromises his integrity is just a load of nonsense. 

I'm still confident he will do a good job, kick start our season and keep us up. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Piracy said:

No doubt supporters make mountains out of molehills regarding being associated with other clubs. Specific to Yogi's situation it's evident he's very much his own man. Any suggestion that being a former Falkirk player and manager somehow compromises his integrity is just a load of nonsense. 

I'm still confident he will do a good job, kick start our season and keep us up. 

I was speaking to someone after he got appointed and he didn't want him because of his association with Falkirk, which I thought was a load of nonsense.

I am happy with this appointment and I think he will steer us to safety this season and we will kick on under Yogi.

• Upvote 3

His Falkirk past will quickly be forgotten if his time at the club is memorable for all the right reasons.

As the song about him goes, “managed Falkirk, who gives a F***” 😎

Yogi wasn’t my first choice to replace PG but he’s the Pars boss now and we ought to get behind him. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DAFC1885 said:

His Falkirk past will quickly be forgotten if his time at the club is memorable for all the right reasons.

As the song about him goes, “managed Falkirk, who gives a F***” 😎

Yogi wasn’t my first choice to replace PG but he’s the Pars boss now and we ought to get behind him. 

Took a man about 3 hours to come up with that song 😂

That's the best line.