Yogi Hughes is the new Manager

DougieDave

12 minutes ago, Fifes Elite said:

I think @Buffy has a point tbh. Grant tried publically flogging players in the dressing room and it didn't work. Hughes did the same at rovers while they were in a similar position to where we are now and it didn't work. 

There does seem to be allot of negativity around the place(understandably). From that interview he might bring a bit more personality to the club and a bit of humour around the dressing room I suppose. 

Tbh though my gut is this isn't the right appointment but let's see how he gets on.

Definitely agree with trying to keep it private which Hughes did up to that point.

In a different scenario from Grant though as he did it when they had been hammered by a team that they were fighting a relegation play off against and that was them more or less resigned to that fate, Grant has done it during the first 10 games of the season.

And it did kinda work , as they won their next game against Ayr........

44 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

Let's hope that's not true. It would be the behaviour of an ar£ehole.

I’d suggest his tongue was firmly in his cheek if he actually said that and tbh, that is just fitba patter.

No-one is safe, everyone is fair game, and if you’ve got the baws don’t care who you dish it out to. It’s a huge part of a football dressing room and is the main thing boys miss when they stop. 

You can’t play a team sport and be a sensitive flower. It’s what builds strong teams. 

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Digs said:

You can’t play a team sport and be a sensitive flower. It’s what builds strong teams. 

Which imo is absolutely ridiculous. It’s frightening how many talented footballers may have been bullied out the game in Scotland all because that’s not a culture they enjoy. It’s antiquated nonsense as far as I’m concerned. You can cultivate a successful side without alienating swathes of the population. I genuinely believe it needs tackled as a matter of urgency if Scottish football is to progress to a level we’d all love to see it at. 

Edited by Keyser Soze

5 minutes ago, Fifes Elite said:

Depends on the tone. Could have been joking around.

It's a joke and it's funny to me. It's along the lines of:

"took the wife out last night" 

"wan f*ckin punch!" 

Of course that's offensive, but in reality it's funny, to me. I'm not easily offended 🙄

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

Which imo is absolutely ridiculous. It’s frightening how many talented footballers may have been bullied out the game in Scotland all because that’s not a culture they enjoy. It’s antiquated nonsense as far as I’m concerned. You can cultivate a successful side without alienating swathes of the population. I genuinely believe it needs tackled as a matter of urgency if Scottish football is to progress to a level we’d all love to see it at. 

Bullying? 😂😂😂  It’s the exact opposite.

Its a leg pull, and as I said, is part of every football team going from Sunday league to international. It’s about that togetherness. 
Theres no doubt bullying goes on but it does in every other workplace too. That’s not what I’m on about. It’s about having a laugh, not taking yourself too seriously and taking the ****, exactly the same way you would with your social mates. 

Its builds friendships, a lot of the time for life, and builds team spirit and good teams. 

Im a quiet guy generally speaking but playing football made me the person I am and part of that is having the **** taken out of me by team mates and me taking the ****. I’d be a lot quieter if I hadn’t kicked a ball all my life.

9 minutes ago, Shooboax said:

It's a joke and it's funny to me. It's along the lines of:

"took the wife out last night" 

"wan f*ckin punch!" 

Of course that's offensive, but in reality it's funny, to me. I'm not easily offended 🙄

The late Scott Glynn’s favourite opening line.

• Upvote 1