Yogi Hughes is the new Manager

DougieDave

Let’s hope it’s ICT yogi not Rovers yogi. I’m not convinced publicly flogging your players makes a good manager, despite his success at other clubs. 

As long as he can instil confidence in a team which badly needs it, gets us off and away from the foot of the table and brings the fans back. Time will tell. 

🖤🤍❤️

• Upvote 2

I’m glad an appointment has been made and while there are other names I might’ve preferred Yogi is a better option than some of the names mentioned. If he can replicate what he did last season that will be good enough for this season.

Interesting description of the recruitment process. The article describes how it should work, but didn’t appear to last time. Reads like an attempt to re-write history to me.

1 hour ago, Buffy said:

Let’s hope it’s ICT yogi not Rovers yogi. I’m not convinced publicly flogging your players makes a good manager, despite his success at other clubs. 

As long as he can instil confidence in a team which badly needs it, gets us off and away from the foot of the table and brings the fans back. Time will tell. 

🖤🤍❤️

Always 2 sides to that story though Buffy.

Being undermined by a player going around all his team mates before he had even met them in the dressing room because of a previous falling out showed he was up against it from the start........

Edited by alwaysaPar

11 minutes ago, Buffy said:

two wrongs don’t make a right though AlwaysAPar and there’s a more professional way to deal with players’ grievances. 

Yogi’s first interview

Absolutely,  but having 12-14 weeks of snide comments, lack of effort during training, general indiscipline,  culminating in a 5-0 defeat by one of the teams you are fighting against pushed him to the edge.

I guess his one wrong equated to a number of wrongs by his so called professionals......

I think @Buffy has a point tbh. Grant tried publically flogging players in the dressing room and it didn't work. Hughes did the same at rovers while they were in a similar position to where we are now and it didn't work. 

There does seem to be allot of negativity around the place(understandably). From that interview he might bring a bit more personality to the club and a bit of humour around the dressing room I suppose. 

Tbh though my gut is this isn't the right appointment but let's see how he gets on.