Threat to supporters in stadia.

Rengade Master

5 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

I notice the club put out a tweet asking fans to buy tickets online for the upcoming games a couple of hours before it was revealed crowds are to be restricted. That’s an awfy big coincidence. 

Restricted to only 500 will kills us financially, it’s already 500 people who will have season tickets etc, No hospitality either I’d imagine. 

8 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

Restricted to only 500 will kills us financially, it’s already 500 people who will have season tickets etc, No hospitality either I’d imagine. 

They haven’t got a clue what they are doing and just winging it imo. This is just to get everyone double boosted etc. 

This is getting beyond a joke now. Really looking forward to the Rovers game but hey ho!

Not got a clue and she can stick her Indy vote up her arse. "I need help from the UK Govt to finance imposing restrictions" What would you do if independent? What about the 240m war chest for your referendum?

Lets shut down open air events whilst no restrictions to house parties etc. All or nothing and as I've said before, let folk self police, we all know the risks, if we can't and hospital admissions go up then fair enough step in, based on scientific evidence, not disdain for football supporters.

We chose not to go to any christmas parties etc based on risk and probability, no issues with the football due to lower risk. Suppose she, along with her Welsh counterpart can claim some moral victory over bawjaws.

45 minutes ago, Boston Red Sox said:

Not got a clue and she can stick her Indy vote up her arse. "I need help from the UK Govt to finance imposing restrictions" What would you do if independent? What about the 240m war chest for your referendum?

Lets shut down open air events whilst no restrictions to house parties etc. All or nothing and as I've said before, let folk self police, we all know the risks, if we can't and hospital admissions go up then fair enough step in, based on scientific evidence, not disdain for football supporters.

We chose not to go to any christmas parties etc based on risk and probability, no issues with the football due to lower risk. Suppose she, along with her Welsh counterpart can claim some moral victory over bawjaws.

If we were independent we would be in a full lockdown right now. Worries me what she’d do with some extra power

Just now, kelty_par said:

Where’s the evidence to suggest that football crowds have played part in a covid outbreak? 

Is it not events of over 500 they are targeting?
I imagine it is the travelling - particularly to larger games with big away supports that informed the choice.

I am not too happy either, but not having seen any data or heard advice, I have no idea what I would have done in her place.

If the variant is as mild as we hope, things will revert soon enough.

If not, it wouldn’t have been any of us with deaths on or hands if the wrong choice had been made.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Keyser Soze said:

I totally get that but it looks to me like the club attempting to bring money in on false pretences? 

I'm sure "the club" had a masterplan to waste the time of staff and volunteers selling tickets they knew they were going to have to refund....... 

In terms of matches spreading Covid, I believe its more related to travel to games on supporters buses and public transport and lessening the strain on emergency services who may be needed to Police games etc when their staffing levels are also being hit by Covid and self isolation......

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Mr Mac said:

I'm sure "the club" had a masterplan to waste the time of staff and volunteers selling tickets they knew they were going to have to refund....... 

In terms of matches spreading Covid, I believe its more related to travel to games on supporters buses and public transport and lessening the strain on emergency services who may be needed to Police games etc when their staffing levels are also being hit by Covid and self isolation......

The staffing levels are only absolutely annihilated due to the ridiculously over the top isolation rules where you have whole households isolating because of one positive test. It's been in my house twice, and it didn't affect everyone both times. The system they had in place was working fine.  

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Teuchter said:

Is it not events of over 500 they are targeting?
I imagine it is the travelling - particularly to larger games with big away supports that informed the choice.

I am not too happy either, but not having seen any data or heard advice, I have no idea what I would have done in her place.

If the variant is as mild as we hope, things will revert soon enough.

If not, it wouldn’t have been any of us with deaths on or hands if the wrong choice had been made.

I would imagine they’ll be thousands using public transport to get to Xmas markets in Edinburgh etc right now, not seeing that been targeted. The advice coming from South Africa is that the variant is mild and the reaction from the UK government has been well over the top. Add the all the governments in the uk to the over reaction 

8 minutes ago, Digs said:

The staffing levels are only absolutely annihilated due to the ridiculously over the top isolation rules where you have whole households isolating because of one positive test. It's been in my house twice, and it didn't affect everyone both times. The system they had in place was working fine.  

Same for me, I’ve been isolating since last week due to household member testing positive. I’m double jabbed, already had covid and tested negative. Absolutely bonkers imo

• Upvote 1