Threat to supporters in stadia.

Rengade Master

Don’t see a point in playing games behind closed doors or reduced capacity.  If we can’t do what we’ve been doing all season postpone games.

Overall Gov can’t keep up this BS of telling people not to use business and not doing anything about compensation for those business. 

Different for the English clubs for who TV matters more.

• Upvote 1

Will this go on every year for eternity as we all know that a variant of Covid can produce anytime🤷🏻‍♂️ South Africa stated its very mild with cold like symptoms…is it just a cold? 
Honestly this could go on forever effecting football and other industries. 
Iv just recently started to go back to games since Yogi became manager and it wouldn’t surprise me if all games were called of in January…. Same old let us enjoy ourselves over Xmas and blame us for in Jan for a lockdown due to a virus that has very mild symptoms.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Secure Par said:

Will this go on every year for eternity as we all know that a variant of Covid can produce anytime🤷🏻‍♂️ South Africa stated its very mild with cold like symptoms…is it just a cold? 
Iv just recently started to go back to games since Yogi became manager and it wouldn’t surprise me if all games were called of in January…. Same old let us enjoy ourselves over Xmas and blame us for in Jan for a lockdown due to a virus that has very mild symptoms.

I can assure you that rising numbers in Hospitals are not down to a common cold or runny nose.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Secure Par said:

I believe it is not as simple as that. The volumes are an issue because not every case will be mild so hospitalisations will increase - although not as much as before and possibly not as seriously in terms of care required. It is unknown what proportion this will be. It is ok for us to speculate but I wouldn’t like to be a politician having to make a call, as a wrong decision could result in thousands of unnecessary deaths.

A second  aspect, already being talked about by health professionals, is the rising numbers of healthcare staff being infected that is causing shortages. It is not helping anyone requiring treatment, whether COVID or other illnesses. 

I don’t know the answers but it doesn’t seem to be black or white.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Teuchter said:

I believe it is not as simple as that. The volumes are an issue because not every case will be mild so hospitalisations will increase - although not as much as before and possibly not as seriously in terms of care required. It is unknown what proportion this will be. It is ok for us to speculate but I wouldn’t like to be a politician having to make a call, as a wrong decision could result in thousands of unnecessary deaths.

A second  aspect, already being talked about by health professionals, is the rising numbers of healthcare staff being infected that is causing shortages. It is not helping anyone requiring treatment, whether COVID or other illnesses. 

I don’t know the answers but it doesn’t seem to be black or white.

Well that has it's own problems, if healthcare staff are going off with Covid what is the point of the booster? They were amongst the first cohorts to be treble jagged.

Also go back to 2019, 2018, 2017 and so on we were always told to get our flu jab those who were eligible to take the pressure of the NHS as this pressure on the NHS has always been  in the winter.

Is it really more pressure or is it we have bigger populations and less hospital beds all over the UK.

Any NHS bed manager will tell you of the pressures they face, and having spent fat too many days, months, years in hospital I have seen it first hand pre covid. 

Again I don't have the answers but we need some form of economy left at the end of this and we need to act appropriately and be sensible as do the people in power with their advice/guidance. 

16 minutes ago, Rengade Master said:

Well that has it's own problems, if healthcare staff are going off with Covid what is the point of the booster? They were amongst the first cohorts to be treble jagged.

I think that the main point is it lessens the likelihood of serious illness and to degree, infection in the first place. It is the best tool available at the moment.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Rengade Master said:

Also go back to 2019, 2018, 2017 and so on we were always told to get our flu jab those who were eligible to take the pressure of the NHS as this pressure on the NHS has always been  in the winter.

Is it really more pressure or is it we have bigger populations and less hospital beds all over the UK.

Any NHS bed manager will tell you of the pressures they face, and having spent fat too many days, months, years in hospital I have seen it first hand pre covid. 

Again I don't have the answers but we need some form of economy left at the end of this and we need to act appropriately and be sensible as do the people in power with their advice/guidance. 

The problem with that is the boosters there to reduce the severity of the symptoms its not immunisation. Similar to the flu jab, if a healthcare staff had the flu they would be expected to not come and endanger people.

The pressure is a two fold problem, its both thing you mentioned. We are more populated and the NHS is chronically underfunded and bloated with management. Staff have left through brexit, stress and low wages. Sadly there won't be any quick fix and we can be assured the current mob in power won't do anything to change that. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Al k said:

The problem with that is the boosters there to reduce the severity of the symptoms its not immunisation. Similar to the flu jab, if a healthcare staff had the flu they would be expected to not come and endanger people.

The pressure is a two fold problem, its both thing you mentioned. We are more populated and the NHS is chronically underfunded and bloated with management. Staff have left through brexit, stress and low wages. Sadly there won't be any quick fix and we can be assured the current mob in power won't do anything to change that. 

Worse than that, they'll use the state of the NHS (which they have run down) to justify more privatisation, benefiting their mates and themselves.

Angela Rayner was spot on - Tory scum.

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

Worse than that, they'll use the state of the NHS (which they have run down) to justify more privatisation, benefiting their mates and themselves.

Angela Rayner was spot on - Tory scum.

Don't forget that Scottish NHS is totally devolved so all decisions made in Scotland have nothing to do with the scum as you put it! 😉

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rengade Master said:

Don't forget that Scottish NHS is totally devolved so all decisions made in Scotland have nothing to do with the scum as you put it! 😉

As you know this is covered by Barnet consequentials the reduction of health care spending in England due to privatisation will determine a reduction in equivalent funding for the Scottish NHS. And Sangiuine is right Tory Scum 😄  

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Superally said:

As you know this is covered by Barnet consequentials the reduction of health care spending in England due to privatisation will determine a reduction in equivalent funding for the Scottish NHS. And Sangiuine is right Tory Scum 😄  

It still allows the privatization of NHS Scotland via the backdoor.

So yes we do have the ultimate desicions but you can only pee with bits you have. 😟

Edited by Al k
Only allowed me to quote Superally.
  • Upvote 1

I'm expecting our elected political leaders to govern with, empathy, with a social conscience, fairness, protecting the Welfare State, including the NHS. 

The Tories with sell it off bit by bit. That's their gig, it's their ethos. Utter carnage of a moral collective. We shouldn't ever be surprised by their actions.... ever. 

Regarding the SNP, they're not infallible. They're not untouchable. But they are miles ahead of the Tories. That said, they benefit from not having an effective opposition, which isn't healthy for a democracy. A bit more intrusive scrutiny of their record would definitely throw up questions and would be a good thing. They're already spending hundreds of millions on private health care providers. Health is a devolved power, and regardless of others factors regarding how much is available to manage etc, it is the SNP's to manage.