Walking and Talking Down the Halbeath Road

Eddie's Pars

First time Post - Since April it has been an absolute joy doing the Dunfermline Athletic FC  & The Pars Foundation  walk and talk event. Which aims are to improve your mental health giving positive giving you the sense of well-being. Special thanks to everyone who helped out, and attended. We go again on 7th January. Wishing you all safe, peaceful and merry Christmas

• Upvote 5

Brilliant, great to read! A very welcoming group. 

We already have plans are in place for next year looking at age demographics as I know one size doesn't fit all. 

We are looking at 12 - 16s, 16s - 25s and other activities for older than 25s

Really excited about this as I can see first hand what a difference it is already making to our fan base and local community. 

• Upvote 6

5 hours ago, GG Riva said:

Eddie - you're a top man! I'm pleased to have set you on the right path... 😉

You have indeed. My son in S3 just now loves the stories I tell him about my foundation science days, (much more brainer than me! ) Going through all the Pars games from the previous weekend. Oh and when it gets technical in the group, I've mentioned you a few times about me being a continued disappointment. Much love though just a laugh😂

31 minutes ago, Superally said:

Brilliant initiative Eddie, especially so at this time of year where mental well being can be very difficult and further exacerbated in times of Covid. Keep up the good work and spread the word folks.  

Cheers Superally, it is a great group. Special thanks has to go to - they will be embarrassed and say FFS Eddie, Kenny Mclachlan & our the legend Scott Thomson

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

We go again tomorrow for the Dunfermline Athletic FC & The Pars Foundation walk and talk event. Meeting Friday 7th January in the Glen car park 10.00am. We hope this will improve your mood, improve your confidence and self esteem. Open to all you don`t need to support the Pars to take part 
#MentalHealthMatters

• Upvote 2

With the weather forecast to be fair tomorrow. We will be at Townhill Loch, meeting at the cafe car park 10.00am, taking positive steps for our  mental well-being, for the Walking and Talking down the Halbeath Road event with @officialdafc @parsfoundation

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Our walk and talk tomorrow with DAFC  and The Pars Foubdation takes us to Calais Woods Duloch. Meeting at 10am - leisure centre car park KY11 8LW. When we walk in nature, and take in wildlife it brings calm, joy and wonder to our daily lives

#PositiveSteps #MentalWellbeing

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1