Next UK PM?

GG Riva

43 minutes ago, Digs said:

Nippy’ is indeed a general term for an annoying person. However ‘Nippy Sweetie’ is a term used solely in reference to annoying women in order to belittle or denigrate their opinions, therefore making it mysoginistic. That’s the distinction.

Ive got a lot of criticism for her and the way she and the SNP has approached loads of things, such as Covid restrictions, populist policies in general and legislating agaisnt football fans and like Deutsche Par, I still support independence as they are not one in the same. 

Wee Nippy is absolutely honking patter and just smacks of a lack of understanding or ability to articulate a coherent point. 

Nobody has said Nippy Sweetie though there is the point I refer to with it being twisted to suit an agenda.

Nippy an annoying person

nippy sweetie:

• In the Glasgow area an irritable sharp-tongued person may be described as a nippy sweetie.
    The term is an extended use of the original meaning, which was a sweet with a relatively sharp or tart flavour.

Wee = small 

The fact she acknowledges the nickname makes it even more laughable that you are censoring it.

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/nicola-sturgeon-explains-nippy-sweetie-nickname-1442087

No worries Digs. I'm not saying I have any right to tell you how to run the site.

But if you are going to be running around scrutinising the users use of nicknames and handing out warnings and bans you are automatically increasing your workload where there has never been a problem apart from a few taking offence at a pet nickname upsetting a member of admin?

You will have all the questions as to why this person that person has had a warning/ban  etc etc, to deal with subsequently also.

Hey Ho your ball play as you please.

Anyways back on topic. Anyone but Johnston. Politics is a pretty dirty business, even worse than the dodgy music industry. It's about protecting themselves or their party. I know for a fact behind closed doors they say things to each other like "what can you do for me?" and "I'll vouch for you, if you do the same"  Back to Mr Mogg. He's no ma cup of tea and he lives in a castle. Hopefully we can see the back of his sort soon.

Guest The Service
4 hours ago, Deutsche Par said:

Affectionate nicknames are fine, derogatory ones are not. 

Lol unsure sure if this is satire or not? Are we allowed to call Rovers the Wee Team? Haha

Just echo what others have said regarding moderation, it's only ever necessary on a less than frequent basis on here. However every now and again it's done to try and keep the site user friendly for fellow Pars fans. As much as it's a free house for having our individual say on any subject matter, that comes with a responsibility toward both yourself and other posters. There's no hard line here and although we all respond to a warm feeling it can't be because people are pi*hing up our backs. No ones saying an individual can't be passionate, angry, a bit wide, controversial, disagreeing, politically motivated etc, you can, but just consider there's obviously guidelines on behaviours that are there for all our benefits. 

Let's just enjoy the site and use it as we see fit. 

• Upvote 4