League Table

rosythpar

I'll spare everyone the table after yesterday's defeat. We need to beat Hamilton on Saturday, to be 4 points behind with a game in hand. Failure to do so will mean a 10 point gap. QOS away to Partick and Ayr v Killie before we play. Hope Yogi asks them where they fancy playing next season. 

1 hour ago, scottyboy said:

I'll spare everyone the table after yesterday's defeat. We need to beat Hamilton on Saturday, to be 4 points behind with a game in hand. Failure to do so will mean a 10 point gap. QOS away to Partick and Ayr v Killie before we play. Hope Yogi asks them where they fancy playing next season. 

Said this coming home last night, beat them and it’s on, if we don’t win then it’s 9th for our best hope. We have to start 2 up from now on, yogi went on when he came in saying the midfield wasn’t strong enough for 2 up, but he’s signed his own midfielders now and along with pybus that should be good enough to start throwing caution to the wind. 3 points is a must, let’s have another good support there and get right behind them. 

I don't buy into the throwing caution to the wind narrative.  Three of our four wins in the league came on the back of a clean sheet.  We're not going to suddenly start beating sides 4-3 every week - although I'll be delighted if that prediction ages badly.  They way we'll climb out of this, to start with at least, is by grinding out a couple of wins and by not giving anything away at the back.

It wasn't the formation that was the issue yesterday.  We had more clear cut chances than Arbroath, we just found a way not to score them and they stuck away theirs.  It was a typical tail of a pretty even game between a side in the habit of finding a way to get a result and a side in the habit of finding a way not to.

10 minutes ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

I don't buy into the throwing caution to the wind narrative.  Three of our four wins in the league came on the back of a clean sheet.  We're not going to suddenly start beating sides 4-3 every week - although I'll be delighted if that prediction ages badly.  They way we'll climb out of this, to start with at least, is by grinding out a couple of wins and by not giving anything away at the back.

It wasn't the formation that was the issue yesterday.  We had more clear cut chances than Arbroath, we just found a way not to score them and they stuck away theirs.  It was a typical tail of a pretty even game between a side in the habit of finding a way to get a result and a side in the habit of finding a way not to.

2nd half performance wasn’t anywhere near good enough yesterday. 1 attempt on goal and it came in the last minute. First half fair enough plenty chances but the team selection does need to be questioned imo. I really don’t see what Dorrans adds to the team, was a passenger most of the game. Persisting with McCann for too long could be our downfall. Good thing about the Hamilton pitch is that it’s quite big, and surely will suit the likes of Thomas and lawless

What on earth has Chalmers done to justify starting? He was absolutely rancid yesterday. A truly horrendous signing. 

Yogi doesn't want to play two up top because it would then leave him in the situation of admitting he's ****ed up with his signings, if we plays two up top who does he play in the middle? The best player at the club in Dorrans? His signings Polworth and Chalmers? Pybus who was the best centre mid yesterday? Todd and Allan who he's given new deals to? 

He's just full of absolute pish, apparently the midfield wasn't strong enough when he joined, we'll you've signed centre mids so now what Yogi? 

Once again our board got drawn in by the lousiest car salesmen in town, when you go through all the absolute rubbish he's spouted, then went back on he just looks ridiculous. 

Talk of keeping it tight and hoping to nick a goal is bollocks, QoTS and Ayr haven't bothered with that and they're doing alright? Morton likewise have done well(anyone remember when they got a new manager and spanked a hatful of goals past us?) 

Absolutely Scunnered with the season and the club, no decision our board takes seems logical when it comes down to the footballing side. 

Dow has come onto a game under hughes IMO,  looks to have got back to his old self.

Lawless is a good player but dropped out of things in the past few weeks, I’d think he’d be the one who should give way.

Could also play Dow at 10 and Thomas/ lawless wide.  I’ve not liked when Thomas has played that role but Dow can do it well.

If we do go down it's going to be very worrying times. Will Fussball GMBH stick by the club or look to sell their shares. They did say they wouldn't jump ship if times got tough, so let's see if they stick by their word. 

Yesterday was very frustrating.

A massive 9 games left to determine which direction the future of our club is going in.

I’m not worried about the Germans walking away.  They have yet to show they are truly a positive influence on the club,  yes things like the academy(which doesn’t look like to be much more than a rebranding of the failed fife elite just yet) or building a training ground take time, but since they’ve come in the management of the first team at board room level has been a disaster.  We are in danger of fiddling while Rome burns.

Edited by parsforlife