League Table

rosythpar

Think it's fair to say we're gonna be in the ****e till the very last day of the season. Have to win more games than 4, till the end of the season. Up the other end Arbroath seem to be suffering from the drawing syndrome that PG was good at. Nae scores have helped our plight today. Would've preferred Morton tae draw today. 

• Upvote 1

Been trying to remain optimistic given our slight improvement in performances but that result tonight has really put us right in the muck and the table looks rotten.

I can’t see us getting out of the relegation playoff spot at the moment and to be honest only 3pts ahead of QOTS who don’t have that bad a run in it’s going to be difficult enough staying off bottom.

Saturday is huge.

1 hour ago, Rengade Master said:

The worse case scenario could still happen  I think!

Play off final against Falk***

It'd be a high tempo situation for sure, and one that might happen. 

Let's hope we start to pick up wins from this Saturday but I currently just can't see where the goals will come from. 

I'll go an optimistic 2-1.

3 hours ago, DougieDave said:

Here’s a table I just seen on a Morton forum - its end of season placings based on average points from the last 5 games being applied to the rest of the season 

5AA4BD6A-E540-4F22-AF71-13010A21F113.jpeg

It's called wishful thinking, DD. Why the last 6 games? I'll hazard a guess that Morton have done rather well in these. I can't see them making the top 4. There's bound to be a dip in form between now and the end I'd the season.

I agree that the current table doesn't make good reading. I think I'd settle for avoiding automatic relegation if offered right now. I'd feel reasonably confident we could beat any League 1 team over two legs and I haven't forgotten about Keith's experience with Brechin a few seasons ago. Although the play offs are potential banana skins, 2 games v Falkirk in the semi-final and Airdrie in the final if both came through, might be quite perversely enjoyable, as long as we won through, of course. Still and all, I'd rather we finished higher than 9th and happily forgo all that angst. 🙂

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, GG Riva said:

It's called wishful thinking, DD. Why the last 6 games? I'll hazard a guess that Morton have done rather well in these. I can't see them making the top 4. There's bound to be a dip in form between now and the end I'd the season.

I agree that the current table doesn't make good reading. I think I'd settle for avoiding automatic relegation if offered right now. I'd feel reasonably confident we could beat any League 1 team over two legs and I haven't forgotten about Keith's experience with Brechin a few seasons ago. Although the play offs are potential banana skins, 2 games v Falkirk in the semi-final and Airdrie in the final if both came through, might be quite perversely enjoyable, as long as we won through, of course. Still and all, I'd rather we finished higher than 9th and happily forgo all that angst. 🙂

Traditionally we are hopeless in the Play Offs. 8th place finish needed.