League Table

rosythpar

2 hours ago, GG Riva said:

It's called wishful thinking, DD. Why the last 6 games? I'll hazard a guess that Morton have done rather well in these. I can't see them making the top 4. There's bound to be a dip in form between now and the end I'd the season.

I agree that the current table doesn't make good reading. I think I'd settle for avoiding automatic relegation if offered right now. I'd feel reasonably confident we could beat any League 1 team over two legs and I haven't forgotten about Keith's experience with Brechin a few seasons ago. Although the play offs are potential banana skins, 2 games v Falkirk in the semi-final and Airdrie in the final if both came through, might be quite perversely enjoyable, as long as we won through, of course. Still and all, I'd rather we finished higher than 9th and happily forgo all that angst. 🙂

TBF last 6 has often been used as a form guide, tho why it was picked I have little idea.

8th is achievable, but I’m beginning to accept that the hard route of winning the play-offs might be how we need to do it.  It’s a tough one to approach psychologically,  part of me says 8th or bust but that can end up with us not achieving it and going into the play-offs with a defeatist mindset.

On the other hand, we accept play-offs and miss out on opportunities for 8th.

I think it’s likely cruicial the cliche one game at a time comes in,  also focusing on ourselves,  we as fans have been a bit knocked with the results happening elsewhere when we haven’t been playing.  I hope hughes etc can manage those emotions on the training pitch,  there’s no doubt the players will have been aware of the results but putting them to the back of their minds will be handy. 

On the play-offs they haven’t been our friend, but positively 9th does rather well in this situation

• Upvote 1

Ayr play QOS and Morton v Arbroath tomorrow. Could probably be doing with a Queens win and us taking maximum points to keep pressure on those above us. Table doesn't change too much after Hamiltons draw with ICT.

Screenshot_20220225-215307_Chrome.jpg

Edited by scottyboy
Ayr could go 9 clear tomorrow, which would be some task catching

Think that’s Hamilton safe now.

I fancy Morton to get something from Arbroath and Ayr will fancy their chances at home to QOTS.

A win tomorrow is a must but even then I’m doubtful it’s going to be enough in the long run to spur us on to secure 8th. It’s a battle to avoid bottom now.

It’s not inconceivable to believe QOTS win at Ayr and we lose tomorrow and we’re bottom.

Sooner this season ends the better.

First half was pretty poor, I don’t think we do McCann any favours sticking him up top on his own, he can’t really do anything of note when he does win the ball with naff all around him.

Second half we played better, more so when Thomas and O’Hara came on but can’t recall having a shot on target.

Point was a fair result, thought Efe was MoM for me, played much better and unlucky not to score.

We need to start creating more chances, we won’t stay up if we can’t score goals and we’re not giving ourselves the best opportunity to do so.

I think Morton are safe now and it’s a shootout between us Ayr and QOTS.

• Upvote 1

It was a dire first half. The only scoring chance of note was the header of the bar. Kilmarnock definitely don't look Championship winner's on that showing. Draw was the correct result. Lack of chances did concern me a bit yesterday. Need to pick up some more next Saturday v Arbroath, who have a game on Tuesday against Partick. They've not been winning recently, as most of the teams around them.

The team that finished the game yesterday must start next week (Comrie for Todd only change). Ohara and Thomas made us much more a threat and for once yogi actually subbed McCann off and we looked better for it. Dorrans is just far too slow and constantly passing back, Dom whenever he got the ball always tried to take us forward 

Arbroath and Partick playing earlier, not won in 5 games each. Think Arbroath are there for the beating on Saturday. Pleasing to see Raith slip out of the Play Offs. Reckon there challenge finished now. Massive games coming up in the next few games, that'll probably give us some hope of staying up.

Screenshot_20220301-230004_Chrome.jpg

Edited by scottyboy

Just as well ICT and Raith got off to great starts in the Championship this season. They both rank rotten just now. Can see Billy Dodds being the next managerial casualty. Partick win tonight v ICT to leapfrog them. Doesn't really mean anything to our plight just now looking at it. 

Screenshot_20220304-213221_Chrome.jpg