Play Offs & Relegation.

scottyboy

Having lived down in England I took up going to Brentford games, lovely club to follow with the old Griffin Park a great place to watch the football. 

Last year they went up via the playoffs at the tenth time of asking. I was out the country so wasn't able to go. 

We've only lost five playoffs? Nothing that! I'm also out the country for this years so that might be a good omen.*

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Rossmcno1 said:

So much optimism.

So little realism 😂😉

On the contary, Ross, not so much optimism but realism in that 8th is probably out of reach now. Give me 9th and another shot at safety as opposed to straight relegation. I think our chances of survival would be quite good. If we can't beat 2 league 1 teams over 2 legs, we certainly deserve to go down. Rovers losing that final to Brechin was a total aberration. 

3 hours ago, GG Riva said:

On the contary, Ross, not so much optimism but realism in that 8th is probably out of reach now. Give me 9th and another shot at safety as opposed to straight relegation. I think our chances of survival would be quite good. If we can't beat 2 league 1 teams over 2 legs, we certainly deserve to go down. Rovers losing that final to Brechin was a total aberration. 

Think that was the semi to Brechin GG. 

No mentions of who the manager was... 

5 minutes ago, Grant said:

You must have some sort of filter in place, i mentioned it the other week regarding the keeper situation and its been mentioned plenty of other times too. 

20 minutes ago, Grant said:

If you’ve ever seen the highlights then mvoto that day absolutely sold the jerseys for at least 2 goals😂, thought he was decent for us though, in the air anyway absolutely bombscare with the ball at his feet

33 minutes ago, Al k said:

You must have some sort of filter in place, i mentioned it the other week regarding the keeper situation and its been mentioned plenty of other times too. 

I don't catch your drift at all there mate? 

20 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

If you’ve ever seen the highlights then mvoto that day absolutely sold the jerseys for at least 2 goals😂, thought he was decent for us though, in the air anyway absolutely bombscare with the ball at his feet

He scored that day aswell I think? He got there Poty trophy which had been voted for before that game though 😂 

I liked Mvoto, thought he done absolutely OK and was an absolute animal in the air, once knocked a Falkirk player out mistiming a header though, looked sare.

28 minutes ago, Al k said:

I think Grant's post was tongue in cheek,  Al.

Yes, it was the semi-final, Grant, my bad. 🙁 9th v 4th. Brechin actually finished their league 1 campaign with a negative GD, but ended up being promoted. Shows just why we shouldn't have play offs - they can be so unfair -  but apparently the fans like them and more importantly for the clubs, they generate extra income. 

10 minutes ago, GG Riva said:

I think Grant's post was tongue in cheek,  Al.

Yes, it was the semi-final, Grant, my bad. 🙁 9th v 4th. Brechin actually finished their league 1 campaign with a negative GD, but ended up being promoted. Shows just why we shouldn't have play offs - they can be so unfair -  but apparently the fans like them and more importantly for the clubs, they generate extra income. 

I realised,  i couldn't resist a cheeky reply. :s-sault:

13 minutes ago, Grant said:

I don't catch your drift at all there mate? 

He scored that day aswell I think? He got there Poty trophy which had been voted for before that game though 😂 

I liked Mvoto, thought he done absolutely OK and was an absolute animal in the air, once knocked a Falkirk player out mistiming a header though, looked sare.

Forget it. :rolleyes: