Play Offs & Relegation.

scottyboy

Might as well start one  as it where we heading. 8th place is gone now. Only positive from today's results,  is we gained a point on QOS. Who fancies us getting through a 2 legged Play Off v Airdrie, Montrose or Queens Park? I suppose it might prolong the inevitable, even with a full house. Looking at the table after today, you can see where our problems lie. We don't know how to win a game. A disaster of a season from beginning, to probably end. Board ,PG, JH and players have to shoulder the blame for it. Where dae we go from here?

Screenshot_20220312-165352_Chrome.jpg

Edited by scottyboy
Table

Not converting draws into wins is killing us, we have has 13 draws more than anyone else. Yet QoS (15) and Ayr (13) have lost more games. Surprisingly we are not the worst defence conceding 43 goals, we equal Ayr with the same total and Hamilton have lost 45. The most telling stat is that we are the worst scoring team in the league with just 26 goals and I suppose that is down to our system of playing one striker and and inadequately supporting him. At least we scored twice today but its too little too late    

• Upvote 1

Looking at the fixture SP kindly put up, makes me very hopeful we can finish above QOS. I believe they survived these play offs last season.

They're weighted in favour of the highest ranking team.1st legs are 

4th league 1 v 9th championship 

3rd league 1 v 2nd league 1.

In the final, the winner of the all league 1 semi-final is at home in the first leg.

Would obviously like us to finish higher than 9th but that's looking like a big ask after yesterday. 🙁

Would be the 2 and 3 placed teams that would concern me. Both capable of beating us imo. Queens Park would probably be tough as also. No easy games. Remember Alloa and Cowdenbeath?  The Scottish Premiership Play Off definitely suits the team in 2nd bottom. They only have to play one, two legged game. Let's hope we can reach a Play Off. Be interesting what the new owners will do, if we do go down.

Screenshot_20220313-171507_Chrome.jpg

• Upvote 1