Queens Park v Dunfermline Play Off 1st leg

scottyboy

What's everyone's prediction for the game tomorrow? Don't know a lot about them, but they seem to have drawn more games than us. 18 to be precise. Have a feeling this could be a physical affair on that pitch. Airdrie and Montrose are the only teams that beat them in the closing stages of their season. I'm gonna go for a 1 - 1 draw, which I think we should be capable of getting, depending on what team turns up.

Edited by scottyboy

Be lucky to get a draw.

12 hours ago, Deutsche Par said:

I think that we will lose 1-0.  We are rank rotten away from home.  When was the last time that we scored a goal away? 

When was the last time we troubled a goalie during a away game, never mind score. We are powder puff all over the park and have been all season.

Edited by the saline hill puma

I have a shock on the cards as well, I use the term ‘shock’ loosely.

Really depends how revved up the players are, there is no doubt Queens Park will be right up for it and if we don’t match that then it could be an embarrassing defeat.

We show up we could win by a couple, tough one to call.

Looking at the highlights of the Airdrie game, the pitch at links Park is massive astro, at least if we do play either Airdrie or Montrose the surface should suit us? 

For all the plaudits Airdrie have, looking at there lineup and the highlights they don't have much defensive capabilitys, I'd rather play them than Montrose. 

56 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

I am not confident for this one never mind Montrose or Airdrie. The players have totally given up and dont look like they will be up for the fight for the next 2/4 games. You would have to make the winner of Montrose/Airdrie the favourite to go up.

I'm glad you're not doing the motivational, pre-match team talk, RP. 😃

The players gave up in the 2nd half v QOS when they heard Ayr score, which is unprofessional but understandable. I don't believe they will take that into tonight's game. The focus will be completely different. The players know they have a job to do and unlike Friday, their destiny is in their own hands. I'd be surprised if there isn't a nice little bonus on offer for staying up. Relegation would cost the club a lot more.  

I don't think there will be more than a goal either way tonight. For some reason, I think it could even finish 0-0

I’d be fuming if the players were offered a bonus for staying up GG, you’ve been rotten all season but here’s a nice wee bonus for you if we get through these next couple of matches.

Playing for their career should be enough of an incentive to get us out of this mess.

I’m not convinced some of our players if relegated would ever see Championship football again, they’ll be stuck in League One/Two.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, GG Riva said:

I'm glad you're not doing the motivational, pre-match team talk, RP. 😃

The players gave up in the 2nd half v QOS when they heard Ayr score, which is unprofessional but understandable. I don't believe they will take that into tonight's game. The focus will be completely different. The players know they have a job to do and unlike Friday, their destiny is in their own hands. I'd be surprised if there isn't a nice little bonus on offer for staying up. Relegation would cost the club a lot more.  

I don't think there will be more than a goal either way tonight. For some reason, I think it could even finish 0-0

I wouldnt be offering them a bonus GG,we should not be in this position and money should not be the motivation for them. 

I would take a draw tonight and hopefully beat them at East End. Montrose/Airdrie will be a harder task.

19 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

I wouldnt be offering them a bonus GG,we should not be in this position and money should not be the motivation for them. 

I would take a draw tonight and hopefully beat them at East End. Montrose/Airdrie will be a harder task.

Money talks and some of them might try for a change if a bonus is on offer