Queens Park v Dunfermline Play Off 1st leg

scottyboy

Would’ve taken 0-0 at HT, Queens were always going to come out on the front foot and the good thing is despite starting poorly we were able to contain it.

Would like to see us exert more pressure second half and nick a goal to take home.

Edited by Berry

A lot of complaining over on .net over the performance, can’t disagree but not unexpected, this is where we are unfortunately.

In the playoffs, a draw away is a good result when you have the second leg at home.

I get how frustrating it must have been being there and watching that but the booing and chanting throughout whilst understandable, isn’t going to really help matters.

Edited by Berry

1 minute ago, Berry said:

I get how frustrating it must have been being there and watching that but the booing and chanting throughout whilst understandable, isn’t going to really help matters.

I'll admit I wasn't there and while you can understand the frustration after this rubbish season who does this benefit? The Pars or Queens Park?

Can fully understand the Pars fans frustration tbh, they're the ones paying good money to get to the game, to spend more money getting in, to watch that. 

Fully understandable, the chants of "You don't know what you're doing" at each sub were loud and clear. Don't think you'll have jovial jokey Hughes anymore. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Berry said:

A lot of complaining over on .net over the performance, can’t disagree but not unexpected, this is where we are unfortunately.

In the playoffs, a draw away is a good result when you have the second leg at home.

So leaving your best player on the bench for 90 is fine? The subs were shocking and why take Ohara off, McCann will never be the answer 

• Upvote 1

I think Queens will be happy with a draw and change their team up to have a go at us at EEP.

if we go with the usual formation nonesense they will press and Ambrose will cost us a goal or 2. 

A draw is not a good result and with the Hughes **** formation I can see a victory and we’re feked! 

How anyone can justify Chalmers and Polworth getting 90 minutes is beyond me, pybus was such a big miss. Dom has to start Saturday as dow wasn’t up to much imo. Honestly very worried if we even manage to get past Queen’s Park what the final might hold for us 

No desire to win the game , Hughes’ tactics are utterly spineless ,  probably one up front again on Saturday supported by our “ walking football” midfield. 

I cant see me watching many games next season if Hughes is still manager. Nor will I renew my season ticket to watch this ****e. It really is as bad as the late 70s early 80s. 

We currently look like a poor 2nd Division side. 

42 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

How anyone can justify Chalmers and Polworth getting 90 minutes is beyond me, pybus was such a big miss. Dom has to start Saturday as dow wasn’t up to much imo. Honestly very worried if we even manage to get past Queen’s Park what the final might hold for us 

Not sure how Chalmers and Polwarth get away with the crap they're producing every week and not getting dropped. I know there's not great alteratives but growing some balls and putting an extra attacker on would be a start. Two empty shirts.

Edited by Tartan Army Par
  • Upvote 2

We have a decent team and yet again….. wtf goes on in Hughes mind to play a mediocre team and formation?

Nobody say it was to stay safe for our home game…. We should be beating Queens Park with the full time squad and 5 full time coaches we have. Queens will change their style against us on sat so hope Hughes expects this.. 

2 minutes ago, Tartan Army Par said:

Not sure how Chalmers and Polwarth get away with the crap their producing every week and not getting dropped. I know there's not great alteratives but growing some balls and putting an extra attacker on would be a start. Two empty shirts.

Not getting dropped as they are yogis boys so can’t be dropped. I’d rather comrie right back and have Todd in the middle than they 2