New manager

kelty_par

1 hour ago, kelty_par said:

James mcpake? I really don’t know and just throwing names about 

Was chatting to a Rovers fan on Reddit the other day, and he suggested McPake, as part of a bigger plan... 🙂

Well how about this. After Hughes got us relegated we then appointed former Dundee boss Barry Smith. Well former Dundee boss James McPake is now available. Like Smith though he won't get you up next season and will then be replaced by a former favourite. For us it was McGlynn but for you guys it will be McIntyre. All you need then is to hope we are hit by another global pandemic that sees the leagues abandoned and make sure you are top when it happens. You'll be back up before you know it.

Like @Superally, I'd take McIntyre. My first choice would be Petrie, but only if he wanted the job (apparently part time suits him because of his outside work?). Don't know enough about Thomson to have a view on him.

1 hour ago, Raymie said:

I'd also throw Brian Rice in there. 

I'd rather have brown rice TBH.

Kevin Thomson would be a massive success for us if you give him a million pound to spend. If I was Stewart Petrie I'd wait till I got my golden handshake, with I would imagine a great pension before taking us on. Cannae think of anyone else. Dick Campbell Probably too good for us now. Hopefully managing a few divisions above us. Maybe as we're playing in 3rd tier football now,  we might go down the untried manager. I've honestly nae idea of a suitor.

Fully expect Airdrie to go up, but if Petrie doesn't want it, I think Murray be worth a shot.  Not sure that we're a big enough draw at the moment to jump ship, however.

They could obviously talk to Jack Ross.  They'd have to sell him the "project" pretty well though, whilst offering a release clause at the same time, which would be a bit counter-intuitive.

Edited by DA-go Par Adonis