Noble by name and Noble by Nature

1950Par

8 hours ago, scottyboy said:

Some achievement, but would have thought Bobby Moore would be West Hams Norrie.

Bobby Moore is a good shout but I was thinking about Noble's one club career. Moore went on to play for Fulham for a few seasons when he left West Ham and finished up playing in the USA. 

I know Norrie played a handful of games for the Blue Brazil before arriving at EEP, but they're not significant enough to bar him from One Club Legend status. 😀

3 hours ago, GG Riva said:

Bobby Moore is a good shout but I was thinking about Noble's one club career. Moore went on to play for Fulham for a few seasons when he left West Ham and finished up playing in the USA. 

I know Norrie played a handful of games for the Blue Brazil before arriving at EEP, but they're not significant enough to bar him from One Club Legend status. 😀

Norrie also played for Ayr Utd, albeit on loan.

I looked up a list on Wikipedia for 1 club players, which doesn't include loan spells and were for services over 10 years. Top of the list in England for players being loyal (wait fir it) John Terry, Ryan Giggs. In Scotland,  Billy McNeil, John Grieg, Willie Miller ,Maurice Malpas and Eddie Gray. Abroad Maldini. Edit - Terry out, in Jamie Carragher.

Edited by scottyboy
Although checking agai John Terry played 6 games on loan for Forest, so maybe he wasn't that loyal