Academy

17 minutes ago, Barnstoneworth said:

Can anyone inform me of the current cost of getting the complex up and running , Also  are there any restrictions as to what the Scottish Government's £200,000 grant (taxpayers money ) can be put towards ?

Not got an answer here, but being brutally honest I care more about the Pars. 

36 minutes ago, Barnstoneworth said:

Can anyone inform me of the current cost of getting the complex up and running , Also  are there any restrictions as to what the Scottish Government's £200,000 grant (taxpayers money ) can be put towards ?

It was originally suppose to be 1.1 million but now hearing closer to two million? 

1 hour ago, Barnstoneworth said:

I can't answer that, but I'd imagine given it is public money that the info would obtainable somewhere, you could maybe find out if you know the name of the scheme the grant is issued under? I'd have thought that sort of info would need to be publicly available?

2 hours ago, Berry said:

Don’t think inviting Rosyth in the first place was thinking about us benefiting from it was it?

I thought it was more a community thing, good to have a development site that was local that could help both.

I was under the impression at the time that if two teams were using it then Rosyth would have been able to apply for grant money, and thus decrease the cost for us? 

There's no football team that's wanting there training complex to be used as a stadium/first team pitch by another team, let alone the junior partner in the agreement. Outwith cost there'd be absolutely no benefit. 

2 hours ago, Piracy said:

Not got an answer here, but being brutally honest I care more about the Pars. 

I think it's pretty important for the Pars neebs, not so much the academy (I'm sceptical about how successful this can be when we're surrounded by so many more attractive clubs) but having a consistent first team training base is important IMO. 

St Mirren struck absolute gold when they got a new stadium and a training ground in return for there old stadium. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Grant said:

I was under the impression at the time that if two teams were using it then Rosyth would have been able to apply for grant money, and thus decrease the cost for us? 

Rosyth have a fund from losing the ground to Lidl that is to be put to a new ground,  I think had they been involved they would have contributed that. 

Parsforlife, you are correct.  Rosyth Fc were used as part of the initial bid to look like the local team and community would have some involvement in the facility and thereafter that blows any other bid out of the water. The goalposts then change when it becomes the preferred bid and thanks to the German investors flashing the cash it becomes a commercial decision not a community one and the Pars have sole control of the lease and intend only for their elite kids and youths using it , sod everyone else .

Imagine if any of the old firm teams (or indeed any other professional outfit) fancied it for a Fife academy for themselves and outbid everyone else would people be happy just to accept that ?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Barnstoneworth said:

Parsforlife, you are correct.  Rosyth Fc were used as part of the initial bid to look like the local team and community would have some involvement in the facility and thereafter that blows any other bid out of the water. The goalposts then change when it becomes the preferred bid and thanks to the German investors flashing the cash it becomes a commercial decision not a community one and the Pars have sole control of the lease and intend only for their elite kids and youths using it , sod everyone else .

Imagine if any of the old firm teams (or indeed any other professional outfit) fancied it for a Fife academy for themselves and outbid everyone else would people be happy just to accept that ?

Everything for the first team, including the gym is also moving there.

https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Club_Statement&ID=13462

EEP will be used only on match days it would appear.

We also start pre season training there next month! 

Yet still not a single plan lodged with Fife Planning.

11 hours ago, Barnstoneworth said:

What's your view on Hillfield Swifts moving to Dalgety Bay and kicking everyone else out? Thought it was for community use?

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Grant said:

I think it's pretty important for the Pars neebs, not so much the academy (I'm sceptical about how successful this can be when we're surrounded by so many more attractive clubs) but having a consistent first team training base is important IMO. 

St Mirren struck absolute gold when they got a new stadium and a training ground in return for there old stadium. 

Shame for them about the stadium they ended up with.

Raymie,  The  shameful way that the Dalgety Bay facility turned out as it did is not lost on me. Big team takes over . i do not really know much of the background to it all but I have some insight into the civil service transition and know who is peddling misinformation and false rumours.

I have supported the Pars for 35 years,, home, away and in Europe but knowing what  I know now leaves a sour taste.

Fair enough, some here totally care only about DAFC and their current situation without any thought about anyone else I totally accept their views but please do not accept everything the club says as gospel.

Rosyth FC have absolutely nothing to hide, what is done is done and hopefully both clubs can move forward.

• Upvote 1