The captain

Boston Red Sox

1 hour ago, Boston Red Sox said:

Don’t really want to speak out of turn or be disrespectful but this season I have seen a lot of similar qualities displayed by the incumbent to a previous leader of ours. Or I’m I just pished?

The man who has a stand named after him?

Obviously our current number 4 doesn’t have the longevity of that man,  but I don’t think there’s a single thing more you could want from a captain. Sets the standard, communicates constantly with his teammates and an unrelenting desire to win, ideal.

• 3 weeks later...
On 16/10/2022 at 18:25, Al k said:

Been a fantastic signing, I thought he was slow and a clubber at Rovers.

Happy to be wrong. Marshalled the defence superb and no coincidence Breen has massively improved. 

Agreed. It's so much easier to be a good player when you have a very good player(s) alongside you. 

Remember Lee Ashcroft looking solid alongside Callum Morris, but much less secure the season following Morris's departure.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, GG Riva said:

Agreed. It's so much easier to be a good player when you have a very good player(s) alongside you. 

Remember Lee Ashcroft looking solid alongside Callum Morris, but much less secure the season following Morris's departure.

That's a valid point. I remember that being quite a discussion point back then. 

He's done well this year and has been great for the young guys like Breen, Edwards and Fisher. I still think what I thought when we signed him though, that he is prone to getting caught out of position and giving the ball away from time to time. He's been very good this year but if we go up, we will need him to be better, or at the very least have good players round him.

I'm maybe being overly critical with that, but I'm not unhappy with him. He's been a great leader for us this season for sure and has been better than I expected.