Pars v Kelty Hearts

Superally

You have to admire Kelty in that they didn't sit in, and they had some ambition to take something from the match. Edwards had a torrid time in the first half and as a consequence I didn't think we had the usual width we are used to. McPake had set us up to be quite attacking but in truth I felt we were more balanced when Hamilton came on in the second. I thought we deserved it overall, but you can see that Kelty will take points off other teams and I was nervous in the last 10. Nice to see a warm welcome to Higgy, Super Joe and Martin. Disappointed once again that there were no Police doing traffic management at FT. It's dark and some cars were moving far too fast. Someone is going to be seriously hurt and you can't expect a 4.5k crowd to walk on a pavement 3' wide. it's a real safety issue and the club needs to have a word.    

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, SanguinePar said:

How big would people say the Kelty support was today? My estimate is about 100-200, but they were quite spread out, so it's hard to judge.

I thought there might have been a few more given its the first time at EEP since their junior cup final and a number 7 bus journey away. They filled the Norrie and NW that day, as the Kelty population arrived. 

First half was quite poor again yesterday, 2nd half at the start we came flying out and got our goal. Then we say far too deep and invited Kelty onto us and mehmet made an excellent save to make sure we kept the 3 points. For me Hamilton has to start you can just see the difference he brings to the team and I find it baffling that he doesn’t start every week. 

9 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

First half was quite poor again yesterday, 2nd half at the start we came flying out and got our goal. Then we say far too deep and invited Kelty onto us and mehmet made an excellent save to make sure we kept the 3 points. For me Hamilton has to start you can just see the difference he brings to the team and I find it baffling that he doesn’t start every week. 

Agree, 3 at the back and 2 up top dosnt work very well we were terrible first half, was the same against Falkirk, going to a 4-2-3-1 solved the problem in both games but we cant keep giving teams the first 45 mins

Be very interesting what he does in Grangemouth.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Par_fect said:

Agree, 3 at the back and 2 up top dosnt work very well we were terrible first half, was the same against Falkirk, going to a 4-2-3-1 solved the problem in both games but we cant keep giving teams the first 45 mins

Be very interesting what he does in Grangemouth.

Personally I’d start with the 4-2-3-1 again. Seemed wighton was drifting out wide but I’d be tempted to play him through the middle and bring McDonald or Mahon  in for todorov and have either of them outwide. Harsh after scoring yesterday but he could be a good sub to bring on looking for a goal 

The fact we bounced back with a win after last week was particularly pleasing.

I believe we're now showing a resilience and a determination that's been missing for quite a while on the park under previous managers. We're not the silky outfit some fans would like, but we do play some good football, as evidenced yesterday. We're tough to beat, defence is a strong part of the teams performance, only weakness is the lack of composure in front of goal, we're still not finishing well enough. Some games we should have been out of sight, against Clyde the other week for instance

Thought it was actually a decent game to watch. Screaming for a formation change after 15 mins but fair play to JM changing it at half time. Thought the introduction of MacDonald and Hamilton gave us that bit steel and in the end an all round sound performance. Would disagree that we are not champion material. Grind out results and you win the league, that’s what we do as there is more about this team than we have seen for a couple of seasons. Well done boys, we’ll done  

I thought that was the most entertaining game of the season so far. Great ball by Mochrie in the lead up to our second goal. Higgy should have really scored at the end for them,good save by Mehmet with the second one.

Heard one of the Kelty committee saying that they had requested for the xmas eve game to be moved to the Friday night but we rejected it.

1 hour ago, rosythpar said:

I thought that was the most entertaining game of the season so far. Great ball by Mochrie in the lead up to our second goal. Higgy should have really scored at the end for them,good save by Mehmet with the second one.

Heard one of the Kelty committee saying that they had requested for the xmas eve game to be moved to the Friday night but we rejected it.

They obviously want to make more out of their hospitality, not many people are going to be hanging around on Christmas Eve for very long. I can see their point of view but we've got games/rest to think about and moving a game would completely screw around with the training schedule at that time of year, the players need time with their families too.

5 hours ago, Digs said:

They obviously want to make more out of their hospitality, not many people are going to be hanging around on Christmas Eve for very long. I can see their point of view but we've got games/rest to think about and moving a game would completely screw around with the training schedule at that time of year, the players need time with their families too.

If that’s the case then I’m pleased we are giving the players a bit of a voice as to what works for them at that time.  Will only help bond them together with a good team spirit and like you say let them enjoy some time with families.