Hearts vs PAOK

SanguinePar

20 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Had to check, its 10 years since Shankland was on loan here, unbelieveable.

Shame his injury happened, was in great form.

9 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

Always liked him when he was at EEP, and hoped we would sign him, but he was destined for higher things sadly.

Aye could see there was a player there. Thought he'd lost his way but fair play to him and Iain McCall in having faith in him.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

Shankland a wee bit lucky to avoid red there IMO!

It's an interesting incident and I think, as someone who is relatively neutral(tho I'd prefer a hearts win) I think its one of the rare times the ref has a fair bit of leeway to make his own call.  It could have been red but if the arm had been slightly lower then not even a free kick would also be possible.  Yellow about right but I can see arguments either way for harsher/lesser punishment. 

12 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

It's an interesting incident and I think, as someone who is relatively neutral(tho I'd prefer a hearts win) I think its one of the rare times the ref has a fair bit of leeway to make his own call.  It could have been red but if the arm had been slightly lower then not even a free kick would also be possible.  Yellow about right but I can see arguments either way for harsher/lesser punishment. 

Yeah, I want Hearts to win as well, and it's certainly not a stick-on red, but we've seen them given, and especially in a European game. Drew a decent amount of blood too!