PSV v Rangers

GG Riva

1 hour ago, GG Riva said:

I see Therangers managed to avoid having to repeat the "utterly chastening experience" they suffered in last season`s CL group stage by offering little resistance in last night`s playoff in Eindhoven. Oh wait.....πŸ˜€πŸ˜ƒ

No such luck furra Sellick......

GG what’s that green and white thing sticking out from beneath your pars top? πŸ˜‰

Well spanked by a classy PSV team. Delusional current buns think they have a Devine right to dine at the top table Β where realistically they would be looking at a -30 goal difference in the group stage. Hope all the Scottish teams do well (hibs are French connectioned) but I don’t see Rangers or Aberdeen having an easy time in the Europa league group stages either, some class in there too.

• Upvote 1

Rangers were shown up defensively last night. They were absolutely woeful. Tavernier again showing he's dangerous in both boxes with SOuttar having an absolute holocaust. The least said about Goldsons OG the better.Β 

PSV are much improved on the team Rangers beat last year, but let's be honest, Rangers under Beale and the bang average players he's spent Β£millions on are a shadow of the team that got them to the Europa League final a few years ago. Beale is an absolute dumpling.

14 minutes ago, Eastendtales said:

Souter looked decent for Scotland when he's played. What's going on with him at Ibrox?

From Rangers fans I've spoken to, he's hot and cold but to be fair to him, that could also be due to the diddies he's playing alongside. Tavernier is the captain and he's their worst defender. Playing alongside decent players helps you relax and focus on your own game because you trust the guys beside you and so just get on with your own job. If no-one trusts each other, which looks to be the case from what I've seen, everyone is going to be rotten.Β 

5 hours ago, GG Riva said:

I see Therangers managed to avoid having to repeat the "utterly chastening experience" they suffered in last season`s CL group stage by offering little resistance in last night`s playoff in Eindhoven. Oh wait.....πŸ˜€πŸ˜ƒ

No such luck furra Sellick......

Instead of 15m for qualifying, they'll get 3m instead for Europa League group stage.Β 

Β 

On 31/08/2023 at 09:39, Boston Red Sox said:

GG what’s that green and white thing sticking out from beneath your pars top? πŸ˜‰

Well spanked by a classy PSV team. Delusional current buns think they have a Devine right to dine at the top table Β where realistically they would be looking at a -30 goal difference in the group stage. Hope all the Scottish teams do well (hibs are French connectioned) but I don’t see Rangers or Aberdeen having an easy time in the Europa league group stages either, some class in there too.

I was hinting that Celtic are likely to have a similarly "chastening experience " in the group phase. Like Therangers, they've gone backwards since last season and they'll do well to finish bottom again. I must admit I get a perverse pleasure when either of these clubs is scudded in Europe, for the simple reason that if they do well, they earn more money, buy better players and Scottish football becomes even more lopsided. The provincial teams can't compete with them domestically and as this week has shown, they can't compete in Europe either. 😞

There was a time when it took a very good team to knock any Scottish side out of Europe. (The Pars were knocked out 4 times by the eventual winners in the 60s.) Sadly, we've gone backwards and have been overtaken by clubs in some of Europe's smaller nations. If memory serves, Scottish teams have lost to teams from Finland,Β  Luxembourg, Andorra and Gibralter. There was even a Romanian village team (pop 5,000) who won 4-1 at Ibrox..... πŸ˜€

Β 

Β 

Β