More EEP history given up for ad space.

SanguinePar

5 hours ago, Digs said:

Whilst I agree with you on the word legend being thrown around far too liberally nowadays, you have to remember, you're also looking at it through players/managers who have done something in your lifetime. You've completely forgotten, for example, about Charlie Dickson. club record goalscorer for nearly 60 years, and likely forever, played for the club for ten years, won the first of our Scottish Cups. That surely has to qualify him easily?

There's likely others I'm also forgetting, point being, these legends will evolve over time and the window for qualification is different within us all, a 10-15 year old would likely not even mention all of these and would likely say someone less than deserving due purely to how poor we have been in their lifetime.

Charlie Dickson is a very fair shout and one I'd forgotten. 

McCathie, Leishman (Player and first spell as manager) and Paton were all before my time supporting the Pars, although I get your point. It is a wonder that despite being formed in 1885 all our legends seem to originate from the 60s onwards. I'm sure we'll have had players/managers in those first 80 years deserving off the accolade but I sadly don't know.