More EEP history given up for ad space.

SanguinePar

To be fair there may well be good reasoning behind it. Over the years, when I’ve contacted Drew with an issue I’ve understood the response and reasoning from the club - been a few occasions where I’ve given him a note to ask a Q.  So why not ask the question, there may be a good reason/wider plan.  

I will say it would be nice if the communication was a bit more open beforehand and considering the growing staff list at the club that are not involved in football operations, items like forward thinking communication should be a priority.  (Website typos, social media information, turnstyle information being communicated to stewards in the North east so their scanners work - etc etc). In this example a bit of pro activity to understand folk will not like this change at first so manage the message.   It’s not difficult stuff really, which is why I get frustrated when they do seem a bit uncaring/dismissive of impact on fans when they take certain actions. 

• Upvote 2

I was absolutely fine with the renaming of the stadium, club needs to make money and it's a great revenue source. 

This though? Pish. I'd far rather they removed the wall all together*, than cut away half of it. 

*If the club came out and said all the players on it are in the club HoF and there stats/pictures are in Legends/Charlie D's, and that they'd had a look and no one was that bothered with getting there picture on the seat I'd get it. But to remove half of them? Mon eh. 

On 24/09/2023 at 12:48, GG Riva said:

It's not a huge surprise, is it? Ross McArthur is a dyed in the wool Pars fan. David Cook is also a staunch Pars fan  but with his background, he's going to prioritise business opportunities if the price is right. 

Not taking sides here,but we all get that. If we want to be competitive in this league and aim for promotion, we have to maximise our income. Sadly despite decent crowds gate receipts are not enough and our share of TV monies is risible.

I've just re-read my earlier post and it does appear as if I'm backing the club's decision to exclude some all time Pars legends from the wall in favour of an advert for a pub chain. That was never my intention and I apologise unreservedly for any upset caused to fellow Pars fans who read this forum.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Deutsch Par said:

Might be worth trying Alister Burn the commercial manager as I would assume this kind of thing would be his responsibility

alister@dafc.co.uk

Yeah, that's a good shout actually.

The club should really deal with this sooner rather than later, or it could become somewhat corrosive. 

I think the Legends wall is a fantastic feature.