More EEP history given up for ad space.

SanguinePar

20 minutes ago, buspasspar said:

Exactly Raymie .. He is drawing a good salary from EEP .. but hides from criticism and confrontation .. 

Not sure that accurate bud. I've met him a good few times now and he's been straight forward to deal with.  I I assume he's a busy man but he really does need to address this soon. I hope he answers the emails.

"Playimg devils advocate but whats the point having a supporters liason officer then, as a CEO, liasing with your supporters?"

This!

Anyway, is the DAFC office not closed on a Monday? If so it's pretty unrealistic to expect the CEO to spend his day responding to individual emails when he will no doubt wish to consult with whoever was involved in the decision-making, and then formulate a considered response. Give the man a break!

Recieved a reply from David Cook a short while ago.

Basically says that the wall had graffiti, was in bad shape and had some out of date Lifeline benefits mentioned. The plan is to update this appropriately with a new graphic and that because it's a huge space, it'll be split 50/50 between that and commercially.

Also, the new music will be binned. 

Fair play in replying to him. 

• Upvote 6

16 minutes ago, Eastendtales said:

Recieved a reply from David Cook a short while ago.

Basically says that the wall had graffiti, was in bad shape and had some out of date Lifeline benefits mentioned. The plan is to update this appropriately with a new graphic and that because it's a huge space, it'll be split 50/50 between that and commercially.

Also, the new music will be binned. 

Fair play in replying to him. 

This reply from David Cook 

The legends wall (which was an advertising feature for the Centenary Club Lifeline) was in a state of disrepair with graffiti on some of the players and also out of date membership benefits accompanying it. 

The intention is to replace the remaining legends wall with a new graphic which honours club legends appropriately.

Best Wishes

David

I thanked him for taking the time to reply and explain .. I also said I was totally unaware of the disrepair and that I feel rather foolish now 

• Upvote 2

You don't need to feel foolish.  I don't know how many would have realised it was in a state of disrepair.

All that was needed, prior to the Morton game, was some sort of upbeat statement, welcoming us all back to EEP for the first time in 4 weeks, on the back of a great win at Hampden and informing us that the Legends wall was to be updated as it had been graffitied, that there was a new advert on the corner, but this would be in addition to the new, improved graphic rather than a replacement of the old one.

That would have placated the majority, if not everyone.

• Upvote 4

I`m glad those who emailed David Cook got a response. I, too, have responded to those who contacted me directly.

I was very disappointed to learn today that our Commercial Manager was verbally abused last night over this while going about his business in the supermarket. Having been down a similar road before, I had hoped we`d seen the last of this kind of behaviour. How naive of me.

• Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, Kaiser Chief said:

I`m glad those who emailed David Cook got a response. I, too, have responded to those who contacted me directly.

I was very disappointed to learn today that our Commercial Manager was verbally abused last night over this while going about his business in the supermarket. Having been down a similar road before, I had hoped we`d seen the last of this kind of behaviour. How naive of me.

Sorry to hear this. Absolutely unecessary and shameful behaviour

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Kaiser Chief said:

No call for that kind of behaviour. Should rightly be condemned and challenged.

Unfortunately there will always be idiotic behaviour from a few individuals.

Bottom line is the clubs in a good place, and that's not through luck or bad judgement. F*ckwits however will always need reminded.

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Piracy said:

No call for that kind of behaviour. Should rightly be condemned and challenged.

Unfortunately there will always be idiotic behaviour from a few individuals.

Bottom line is the clubs in a good place, and that's not through luck or bad judgement. F*ckwits however will always need reminded.

Exactly.  Unfortunately always has to be one total clown to ruin it for others.  Just like the little tube who threw the pyro thing onto the pitch on Saturday.  It’s just noise we don’t need.  I hope the individual who shouted abuse over  to the new employee reads this, and is suitably ashamed.

Glad a response has been sent out and the club has given sight of a plan. 

Absolutely abhorrent that this incident has occurred.

That it has demonstrates why the club needs to control the story when changes are being made to things that mean something to fans. Putting out a tweet beforehand saying that the Legends wall needed some TLC and the club were going to take the opportunity to refresh it would have prevented any thoughts that the clubs heritage was being disrespected and the horrible incident likely wouldn't have occurred. 

Having heard David Cook speak, I've no doubt he wants to see the club flourish and will want to make the most of commercial opportunities but only those that are right for the club.