More EEP history given up for ad space.

SanguinePar

32 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

I guess Crawford, Kozma, French, Leishman and Paton aren't legends anymore.

5 Legends for 7 Kings. Fair trade?

IMG_20171125_142641.jpg

PXL_20230923_124047910.jpg

Have they moved it somewhere else? The advert there's bad enough but that font is awful.

Reminds me of the "Graphic design is my passion" memes.

Edited by Al k

4 minutes ago, The Roy Barry Fan Club said:

Not in my book.  Paton, Leishman, Kozma, , French and Crawford. All absolute legends and thoroughly nice guys into the bargain. 

I can only hope that they will move the legends display somewhere else and reinstate the missing five. 

Maybe if someone offers enough money.

I’ve defended the club making potentially unpopular commercial moves in the past but don’t agree with this one,  no problem if there was a decision that the location was a strong one for advertising and to move the legends board but to partly cover it up(and unmentioned so far remove the seat for kids to get there photo in) is a poor look.

• Like 1

It's not a huge surprise, is it? Ross McArthur is a dyed in the wool Pars fan. David Cook is also a staunch Pars fan  but with his background, he's going to prioritise business opportunities if the price is right. 

Not taking sides here,but we all get that. If we want to be competitive in this league and aim for promotion, we have to maximise our income. Sadly despite decent crowds gate receipts are not enough and our share of TV monies is risible.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

2 minutes ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

Yes, but if you're going to replace part of the legends wall with an advert, you've got to both relocate it and make it known to the fans in advance.

I agree, there is an opportunity to develop the "legends wall" to make it even better. But really there should have been a wee bit of consultation given the community ethos the club is trying to develop. Its a bit of a own goal. I wonder if SLO Drew Main is aware?