Pars v Ayr Utd

Superally

After an enforced two week absence the Pars and the faithful will be itching for this Saturdays game against Ayr Utd and the return of Lee Bullen to EEP. The Honest Men had the benefit of playing last league game where they enjoyed a 2-1 away win against Airdrie and after falling away in terms of results appear to have their mojo back once more. Ayr thus far have played eight, won three and lost five and sit 8th in the table with 9pts. The Pars sit in 6th on the table having played one game less than everyone else also having won three games, lost two and drawn two. The significant factor with the two week absence is the potential return of injured players, Mehmet, Summers, Allan and Breen will be available, Bene might just not make it and Tod, Todd and KRH are close to a return. The Pars last outing against Partick ended up in a 3-0 mauling where the team failed to perform and was a polar opposite from the game against Morton. Ultimately, we must be more consistent in our performances especially at home. Yet again this will be a tough game where Ayr will be looking to take some points. The Pars need to maintain contact with the play off places. Home advantage and the return of key players we might just edge it. 2-1 Pars COYP.

4 hours ago, VinnyPars said:

No chance this game will go ahead looking at the forecast.

Aye the forecast is looking pretty wild for the next two days and it's a question if the pitch recovers in time. I do hope it goes on as that will be another four weeks since we would have last played going into the Raith game and that will be a big ask given the lack of match practice. 

1 hour ago, Superally said:

Arbroath v Raith now postponed, There a number of other SPFL games off too. I can imagine we might be subject to a pitch inspection tomorrow as well. I think the Police will be pushing for some games to be called off in affected areas to reduce travel 

Pitch was okay this afternoon apparently, by that I mean no surface water lying.