Pars v Ayr Utd

Superally

As bad, and as frustrated as I've been watching Dunfermline in a while, started off dreadfully, we looked like we weren't prepared and had no idea what we were doing, the defence in particular were shocking. McPake then compounded this with some absolutely horrendous subs. 

I missed the Morton game where we played well, however we've followed it up with two absolute horror shows against Partick and Ayr, legitimately as bad, if not worse than the showings under Peter Grant. 2/3 of our next games are against Raith and Dundee United, **** me. 

7 minutes ago, Grant said:

legitimately as bad, if not worse than the showings under Peter Grant

Said the same on the way out, worse than anything we had under Grant or Hughes IMO. Just inexplicably awful. Almost makes me worried that there's problems behind the scenes or something.

Absolutely turgid stuff. They could pay me to go to Kirkcaldy next week and I'd still not fancy it.

3 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

Said the same on the way out, worse than anything we had under Grant or Hughes IMO. Just inexplicably awful. Almost makes me worried that there's problems behind the scenes or something.

Absolutely turgid stuff. They could pay me to go to Kirkcaldy next week and I'd still not fancy it.

I mean the majority of it is the same players here the last time in the championship, that could be the problem right there 

8 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

Fair point. In fact not even the same players, what with our best defender and two of our best attacking options out. Need those lads back and soon.

Injuries are part and parcel of the game. The fact this was the first time all season we had more than 3 senior players says it all. Fair enough we want young guys to progress etc but we are running with 18/19 first team squad. I personally think we are still a bit short but too late now 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

Nah I’m not having that.  Certainly not worse than some performances under those two.  I get it and it was a tough watch but let’s not go too far.

it was awful, but at least attempts wee made to dramatically change it, and we were far better in the second half than the first.  

For me, they started trying to be to clever and switching to a back 4 from 3, and had Breen and Comrie totally exposed by the whole team not being able to play that system.  It totally unsettled the whole team.  After that horrendous start, it’s incredible that we were a lick of paint away from getting a point.  

get back to a 3 v Raith and get Otoo into midfield pls.