St Johnstone

Superally

5 minutes ago, Superally said:

I see St Johnston have sacked their manager Steven McLean who becomes the fits managerial casualty this season.  I wonder if our coach Dave McKay will be interested given his links to the club?

Think they'll be thinking about bringing in an experienced guy after getting rid of McLean and davidson,  both of who would be a similar mold to McKay.

• The title was changed to St Johnstone

Craig Levein appointed as St Johnstons new manager on a 2 and half yr deal. He is also taking former Par Andy Kirk with him as his assistant. Just cant see this working out in being able to turn St Johnston around . Sitting bottom although they have two games in hand, but I think they will in the Championship next season 

8 hours ago, Superally said:

Craig Levein appointed as St Johnstons new manager on a 2 and half yr deal. He is also taking former Par Andy Kirk with him as his assistant. Just cant see this working out in being able to turn St Johnston around . Sitting bottom although they have two games in hand, but I think they will in the Championship next season 

You reckon, S'Ally? Levein has bags of experience he did well enough at Hearts first time round and Dundee United to get the Scotland job. Things nose dived a bit after that, but he hasn't morphed into a poor manager.  I think he'll keep them up.

One things sure - we won't both be right. 😀

2 hours ago, Stanza said:

No, thanks!

Uncle Roy's pockets would still be deep enough for County to win the Championship quite easily, so if Pars don't win promotion this season I would rather compete with Livi next season.

Agreed. Apparently, Uncle Roy is absolutely minted. I think Stuart Cosgrove said as much on "Off the Ball" at the weekend. 

56 minutes ago, GG Riva said:

Agreed. Apparently, Uncle Roy is absolutely minted. I think Stuart Cosgrove said as much on "Off the Ball" at the weekend. 

There's no apparently about it,  he owns a company who are disappointed there profits have dropped into being 7 figures due to the Oil and gas industry dropping off.  His net worth was once estimated at 300m and funded county to the tune of 1.4 million last time they were in the division,  and that ignores what he put in via sponsorship, buying hospitality etc.

They may not be a massive club,  but having them in the championship isn't that different to having a club like dundee united given how much they are happy to spend.

They've taken guys like mcmanus and morris off us before offering them not only more than enough to make moving up there worth it,  but by offering that much it was a very easy decision for them and whilst morris at least played a decent amount of games mcmanus was put on on loan quite quickly deemed surplus to requirements. 

Edited by parsforlife
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Stanza said:

No, thanks!

Uncle Roy's pockets would still be deep enough for County to win the Championship quite easily, so if Pars don't win promotion this season I would rather compete with Livi next season.

Wasn't even thinking about that. Just want that racist p***k they have in charge to taste failure.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, parsforlife said:

There's no apparently about it,  he owns a company who are disappointed there profits have dropped into being 7 figures due to the Oil and gas industry dropping off.  His net worth was once estimated at 300m and funded county to the tune of 1.4 million last time they were in the division,  and that ignores what he put in via sponsorship, buying hospitality etc.

They may not be a massive club,  but having them in the championship isn't that different to having a club like dundee united given how much they are happy to spend.

They've taken guys like mcmanus and morris off us before offering them not only more than enough to make moving up there worth it,  but by offering that much it was a very easy decision for them and whilst morris at least played a decent amount of games mcmanus was put on on loan quite quickly deemed surplus to requirements. 

What's the story with him and County? Is he a fan, and/or is he from that neck of the woods. Sometimes I wish the Pars had a similar sugar daddy, but I'm not 100% convinced - it feels a bit like cheating, can't explain why. What does it matter if the money comes from 50,000 fans at each home game or just one especially minted supporter?

3 minutes ago, GG Riva said:

What's the story with him and County? Is he a fan, and/or is he from that neck of the woods. Sometimes I wish the Pars had a similar sugar daddy, but I'm not 100% convinced - it feels a bit like cheating, can't explain why. What does it matter if the money comes from 50,000 fans at each home game or just one especially minted supporter?

As far as I'm aware its the 'local boy done good' story of a fan using his business success to support the club he's a fan of.  I don't categorize it as cheating especially in the way he applies it,  its never too high of a scale that if he dropped dead/withdrew support the club couldn't adapt in time to avoid financial catastrophe but would obviously mean worse sporting results.