Living True Sportmanship

Secure Par

• 2 months later...

I see this line is once again being used is a club statement.

The sentiment behind the pre-derby statement is quite good(basically don’t be dicks)

I do take exception to this line tho living “true sportsmanship, championing fairness, respect and community in all that we do”

Give me every single unfair advantage we can get.  do whatever the **** you need to do to win including if that means folk moan at you, don’t care if that makes you unsportsmanlike, as long as the win is on your side.  Respect is good for most of the week, but between the whistles it goes out the window, we’re here to do everything we can to destroy the opponent, their trying to do the same thing, go to war and find out who gets the better, don’t concede anything.

Community is also good, but Raith aren’t anything to do with our community it’s our job to try to crush them, as it is every single opponent we face. Send their community home angry and disappointed, it’s what we’re here to do

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

9 hours ago, parsforlife said:

I see this line is once again being used is a club statement.

I can't seem to find the statement, where is this?

Either way, I (once again) despair of the club - tottering towards relegation, a big match at our local (and title challenging) rivals, and we start talking about true sportsmanship?!

To me (and admittedly I haven't seen the actual wording of this) it's just absolutely tone deaf, and not what the fans need to hear right now. Stick your Corinthian spirit where the sun don't shine (ie Falkirk) and beat these lino-sniffing wee team p***ks!