CEO and Commercial Manager

Can anyone tell me the difference between the roles? When David cook came in, we were all told about his contacts in the game and how he could bring us deals in commercially etc. So, what exactly is the commercial manager here for? A bit confused so not having a go just a genuine question if anyone knows the answer 

7 hours ago, kelty_par said:

Can anyone tell me the difference between the roles? When David cook came in, we were all told about his contacts in the game and how he could bring us deals in commercially etc. So, what exactly is the commercial manager here for? A bit confused so not having a go just a genuine question if anyone knows the answer 

David Cook is running the club on a day to day basis. He's employed as an overseeing manager by the Germans on their behalf. I'd imagine overseeing and looking after contract negotiations, staff issues, ensuring policy & processes are adhered to, and maintained, developing business strategy etc. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Piracy said:

David Cook is running the club on a day to day basis. He's employed as an overseeing manager by the Germans on their behalf. I'd imagine overseeing and looking after contract negotiations, staff issues, ensuring policy & processes are adhered to, and maintained, developing business strategy etc. 

Exactly that. Whilst the Commercial Manager is about developing, maintaining and increasing revenue streams, whether that be by advertising, selling/hosting events at the ground, or increasing bums on seats at games. Anything to do with revenue generation is in his purview and he is responsible for not only overseeing what is already in place to maximise the revenue, but to come up with new ways of doing that too.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

Win a couple of games and no-one queries what the CEO does. Lose a couple and everything related to the club is fair game. 

Fitba, eh?!

Was just a general question and wasn’t in response to us losing a few game, thought I made that clear when asking