Greg shields

26 minutes ago, the saline hill puma said:

strange after getting that new pitch at Pitreavie?

Apparently gavin masterton pulled out the deal with them and wanted £75,000 a year in rent for the pitch. Pars ****ed rosyth over too with the civil ground 

34 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

Apparently gavin masterton pulled out the deal with them and wanted £75,000 a year in rent for the pitch. Pars ****ed rosyth over too with the civil ground 

How exactly did Dunfermline **** them over?  What occurred there?

11 minutes ago, Rossmcno1 said:

How exactly did Dunfermline **** them over?  What occurred there?

Pars were supposed to go into it together with rosyth and ground share. They then went against that and never told rosyth, leaving them with nowhere to go 

18 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

Pars were supposed to go into it together with rosyth and ground share. They then went against that and never told rosyth, leaving them with nowhere to go 

My heads not in it in terms of timings, when did Rosyth leave Rec Park?  I thought the timings were very different between that and the investment coming in?  I don’t know enough and haven’t gone looking into the detail but I’ve seen it thrown a few times that the club has supposedly shat on Rosyth, but then never seen anythin concrete that says why.

37 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

Dunfermline done what was best for us then? I don't get how we can be blamed for this in the slightest. 

Considering the training ground still isn't up and running, and Rosyth have now folded it's some leap to blame Dunfermline for this. 

• Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, Rossmcno1 said:

My heads not in it in terms of timings, when did Rosyth leave Rec Park?  I thought the timings were very different between that and the investment coming in?  I don’t know enough and haven’t gone looking into the detail but I’ve seen it thrown a few times that the club has supposedly shat on Rosyth, but then never seen anythin concrete that says why.

They left recs years ago, it was the fallen through lidl deal that they left for, but one of the potential sites for the new ground was potentially at our training ground.

I think we were guilty of poor communication, opening discussions and not formally ending them isn’t great. But I think shafted is a bit of an exaggeration.

They were shafted by the council being forced out of recs before a suitable ground had been built I’d say. It wasn’t our responsibility to do a deal tho

They are blaming the council, Dunfermline and Pitreavie for them folding. 

It was Dunfermline who contacted them first and verbally agreed to share the civil service. Rosyth found out via the papers that they would not be involved anymore. 

Rosyth have been treated terribly since leaving the rec. I know a few committee members voiced concerns about getting involved with Masterton and Pitreavie. 

🔴🔴🔴 CLUB STATEMENT 🔴🔴

After confirmation the Civil Service lease agreement has now been made with DAFC we as a club have felt the need to respond to recent comments made on social media. 

We can confirm the initial proposal submitted to CSSC by DAFC did include Rosyth Seniors FC. The plans included an East of Scotland standard pitch that would accommodate Rosyth FC. DAFC approached Rosyth Seniors FC at outset and requested they consider being included in this proposal. As a club we were excited to be included in such an opportunity and it was clear there was an enthusiasm in the local community. As talks progressed between all organisations we kept in contact with each other and there were meetings held with all parties included. 

For whatever reason during these discussions the decision was made that Rosyth Seniors FC were not to be included in the final lease agreement. The reasoning behind this has never been explained or offered to the club. 

To say we were disappointed was an understatement as the project has again set us back on our objective of securing a park. 

This project was to be an inclusive community project with the local senior football team being in-bedded in the heart of Rosyth. Unfortunately this is no longer the case and coupled with existing users of the facility being asked to leave the site due to the new lease agreement, it is again a kick in the teeth for local football. 

On a positive note we will move on as a club. The communication lines with Fife Council have never been stronger and we are currently working closely with Fife Council on two new proposals. Once a decision is made in the very near future we hope to have a new ground secured by the start of next season. 

As always thank you for your continued support. 

Regards

Rosyth Seniors FC 🔴

1 hour ago, rosythpar said:

They are blaming the council, 

1 hour ago, rosythpar said:

🔴🔴🔴 CLUB STATEMENT 🔴🔴

On a positive note we will move on as a club. The communication lines with Fife Council have never been stronger and we are currently working closely with Fife Council on two new proposals. 

🔴

Can't have been too strong then eh? 

I've criticised the club in the past, I'll criticise the club in the future. I won't criticise them for not wanting another club to use there training ground as a first team stadium. 

What would Dunfermline have gotten out of this? 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, kelty_par said:

I thought he declared himself bankrupt and was mentally unwell? Has his circumstances changed regarding bankruptcy?

3 minutes ago, scottyboy said:

I thought he declared himself bankrupt and was mentally unwell? Has his circumstances changed regarding bankruptcy?

He was bankrupt, not the pension fund he was the sole recipient of…

Regardless his bankruptcy status will have been served.

1 hour ago, Grant said:

Can't have been too strong then eh? 

I've criticised the club in the past, I'll criticise the club in the future. I won't criticise them for not wanting another club to use there training ground as a first team stadium. 

What would Dunfermline have gotten out of this? 

So why bother even mentioning rosyth in the plans in the first place? 

55 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

So why bother even mentioning rosyth in the plans in the first place? 

Exploring all avenues with regards to keeping costs down? Once explored you can then decide whether the other party are bringing enough to warrant what you would give up. 

It seems we ran the math, and didn't deem it as worth it. 

Edited by Grant