Greg shields

• The title was changed to Greg Shields to Depart
10 minutes ago, Raymie said:

I also was told other things, football related, but again linked to a lack of support. Can’t go into details, I’m afraid. 

another question to add to my list for the patrons meeting 

Could u post what is said at the meeting on here within reason. I’m sure the wider fan base would like to know the outcomes.

32 minutes ago, Raymie said:

Yes, was told the same a couple of weeks ago. Examples of parents having to drive the players up to far away places when opponents would arrive by minibus/coach. 

That has always been the case as far as I’m aware. When my laddie was in Fife Elite, I was all over the place. 

We do have mini buses though but lack of volunteers possibly? My dad does the training runs, picking them up from school and taking them up to Michael Woods, but he can’t do weekends. I don’t know how many others there are.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Digs said:

That has always been the case as far as I’m aware. When my laddie was in Fife Elite, I was all over the place. 

We do have mini buses though but lack of volunteers possibly? My dad does the training runs, picking them up from school and taking them up to Michael Woods, but he can’t do weekends. I don’t know how many others there are.

Same with my laddie, was all over the place  then finally they trained at Starks park for a year which was good then it changed again.

All you used to hear was lack of money etc. I’ll not miss the match day trips up to Ross County and Aberdeen when there was no bus tbh. 
Is Bill Hendrie and that coach Dougie(can’t remember his second name) still there? I found Dougie a strange guy to talk to so just kept out his way!

Edited by Secure Par

Talk of funding brings me back to something that I've said before, having an academy, especially a successful one that entices the best young players in the area is really expensive. Is that financially prudent when we're in the the Scottish Championship? Not for me. 

• Upvote 4

42 minutes ago, Digs said:

You wouldn’t imagine it would cost too much to employ a driver when compared to other expenses ? 

32 minutes ago, Raymie said:

Travelling together to games encourages camaraderie and team spirit. 
Imagine if the first team just made their own way to the grounds ?

Camaraderie…. The players that were on trial didn’t get given tracksuits to wear on match days  so you would have say 8 players wearing club tracksuits and the rest in their own gear…. Looked a shambles imo but I’m sure it has all changed now💁

As I said before there was 1 0’9 lad and he was big,strong and had really good feet. Dougie the coach got asked by his parent if he’s going to be signed and he said “ not at this moment as he is growing to fast”

A week on he got signed by Hearts and currently playing in the u16 Scotland team and U18 Hearts team…it makes you wonder how many youngsters Fife Elite/Dunfermline Acadamy have let go? However I don’t think Greg Shields would have let this certain player go as even all the parents including myself were saying he’s going to be a player. 
Scored 3 goals in his Scotland debut etc and English Prem teams looking at him. Is Bill Hendrie still there?? With Greg leaving I would say Mr Cook has to have a good look into the set up or bring someone into carry on Greg’s work BUT don’t leave it to whoever runs the academy now.

• Upvote 1