The Wee Team v The Pars

1 hour ago, Eastendtales said:

Brave lads attacking toilets. 

Can only think rhat they genuinely have weak egos and want to look cool in front of their peers. "Look what I did" type stuff. Deeply worrying that they've attached themselves to our support. 

That's exactly what it is. We have to own this but it's not exclusively a DAFC thing, it's not even a football thing. It's the world we live in where scroats do these things then boast about it on SM.

• Upvote 1

I had a go at some young lads booting seats as we were leaving and they stopped and moved away quickly when I did. I was then distracted by the bellend behind me on the stairs telling Chris Hamilton, one of our best players on Saturday and a Pars fan himself, to foxtrot oscar for having the temerity to applaud us as he walked off, so he got told as well. 

I don't understand the mindset of it at all. It has never once crossed my mind to do that no matter how raging I was at the time. Not sure if I'm just getting old or it's getting worse, because it feels like it is.

• Upvote 9

40 minutes ago, Digs said:

I don't understand the mindset of it at all. It has never once crossed my mind to do that no matter how raging I was at the time. Not sure if I'm just getting old or it's getting worse, because it feels like it is.

You're not alone. The state some folk get in towards our own players after a defeat really is a disgrace. Chris is black and white through and through though, so the only consolation for me is that he already knows we have a reasonable percentage of absolute ****wits in our support who should just be ignored and that he can explain that to the other players. 

Edited by da_no_1
  • Upvote 4

Unfortunately @Digs I don’t think it is us all getting auld, society has and is changing.  It’s much more divided, intense, reactionary as it ever was.  Social media has a huge impact, as does those who use social media as a way to whip up the worst in mob mentality, including organisations.   Sometimes they do it in a corporate guise with subtle ways, knowing fine well what they’re doing without any accountability for impact.  This then leads to the behaviour we’ve seen.  It’s not exclusive to our club or indeed football by any means, but unfortunately it’s individuals within our support that are being highlighted.  

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Rossmcno1 said:

Unfortunately @Digs I don’t think it is us all getting auld, society has and is changing.  It’s much more divided, intense, reactionary as it ever was.  

Depends how nostalgic you want to get.  It wasn't particularly unified back in the 80s when we went to Palmerston.  Or in the 90s when we frequented Brockville.

That's in no way defending anyone hard of thinking enough to wreck the toilets or to shout abuse at Chris Hamilton. 

Edited by DA-go Par Adonis
  • Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

Depends how nostalgic you want to get.  It wasn't particularly unified back in the 80s when we went to Palmerston in the 80s.  Or in the 90s when we frequented Brockville.

That's in no way defending anyone hard of thinking enough to wreck the toilets or to shout abuse at Chris Hamilton. 

It would have been difficult to wreck the toilets at Brockville given the fact they used to just stream down the terraces.

27 minutes ago, Digs said:

It would have been difficult to wreck the toilets at Brockville given the fact they used to just stream down the terraces.

Brockville could only have been improved if it was "done in".

3 hours ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

Depends how nostalgic you want to get.  It wasn't particularly unified back in the 80s when we went to Palmerston.  Or in the 90s when we frequented Brockville.

That made me chuckle, oh those happy days.  🫣

In seriousness -  I do think it is worse now, especially with the behaviour of prominent people and organisations on social media who do things for reactions.  Or indeed those who behave in certain ways to get a reaction on social media.  

Regardless I hope those who have done this are caught and banned.  

• Upvote 1

I heard Mcpake getting it tight at full time. I for one am all for letting them him know that 3 wins in 13 games is completely unacceptable. It’s better than being a keyboard warrior I suppose moaning on a forum all week about how bad we are, and no one from the club will hear. At least they are  telling him blatantly, to his face, that this is not good enough.  

I didn’t hear any out of order abuse directed at any player, if they did, that is taking it too far!!

39 minutes ago, MarkPar said:

I heard Mcpake getting it tight at full time. I for one am all for letting them him know that 3 wins in 13 games is completely unacceptable. It’s better than being a keyboard warrior I suppose moaning on a forum all week about how bad we are, and no one from the club will hear. At least they are  telling him blatantly, to his face, that this is not good enough.  

I didn’t hear any out of order abuse directed at any player, if they did, that is taking it too far!!

Staff and players do read the forums