The Wee Team v The Pars

After the disappointment over the result on Tues night the Pars face Raith Rovers in a derby fixture for the 5th time this season (Albeit one was actually a cup game!). Undeniably their new Board & Management has lifted the wee teams energy and they are on merit strong challengers for the league title. Indeed, even if they don’t win the league outright they will be strong challengers in a play off competition. While recent form has probably dipped slightly they will be a difficult team to beat at the San Starko. The Pars up to Tues were hoping for a five game unbeaten run but once again inconsistencies in performance and being relatively toothless up front will be hoping for Kanes return to the front line. The return of KRH and Bene will be welcomed but they are a long  way off match fitness and the faithful’s expectations will have to be tempered. The wee team are the only side that has a 100% record against the Pars and while we are a team that seems to do better away from the pressures of EEP, I think a win after Tues night will be stretching it. Score draw at best. COYP

• Upvote 1

At best, I'd say we capable of taking a point, which would be decent through there. I'm gonna predict we'll get beaten again, as they'll need the win more than us and I reckon we'll be cautious in our approach. I can't see them collapsing again, like the Arbroath game. 2-0 Raith.

15 minutes ago, scottyboy said:

At best, I'd say we capable of taking a point, which would be decent through there. I'm gonna predict we'll get beaten again, as they'll need the win more than us and I reckon we'll be cautious in our approach. I can't see them collapsing again, like the Arbroath game. 2-0 Raith.

We need the win just as much as them. Relegation would be a financial disaster for us.

First goal is especially crucial.  I don't think we've ever lost a game with McPake in charge when we've taken any kind of lead.  

There looked to be a bit of confidence about the side yesterday for the first hour (last half hour was the polar opposite, mind) and if we score first - and Kane is back - I don't think we would lose.  

Also, the league is mad at the moment.  The overall league positions don't mean much when it comes to predicting the outcome of any game - so the team shouldn't go there fearing the worst.

• Upvote 1

Can't see past Rovers, after their collapse on Friday and United going 4pts ahead they will be straight at us.

Other than Kane we've nothing up front to trouble them. This league has thrown some cracking results and it's a derby so who knows.  

I saw enough from the last few games, including the other night, to not be negative about it. I've said it all season, and I still maintain, they aren't all that good. 

Hard to predict, but if Kane plays, we've got a chance to win it. If not, then a draw is the best result for us I think. 

24 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

For a team that’s not that good they’ve had no issue beating us plenty this season.

True.

League cup game very even, we win on penalties.

First game at EEP was very even, settled by a first half goal.

Second game, even more even, settled by injury time winner through 2 sets of legs.

Cup game was a doing.

New Year game was fairly even also.

They have beaten us 4 times, but arguably only deserved the win twice. Not much consolation but we have definitely improved since the new year game, whereas their form, despite making some decent signings, has been very patchy.

We shall see, but I still see them as big favourites.

• Upvote 1