The Wee Team v The Pars

2 hours ago, kelty_par said:

For a team that’s not that good they’ve had no issue beating us plenty this season. Like digs said, purely depends on who plays for us. Listening to Mcpake interview post match I think Bene will be starting 

The scoreline says that but I'd take issue with most of them being no issue for them. Without getting into a long discussion with anyone about performance vs result like the last time I said this, we haven't played particularly poorly in most of the games. League Cup, draw a fair result. Scottish Cup, deservedly pumped. The rest of the games could easily have gone either way.

I also think Bene will start. He's got a huge call to make though. Does he drop Hammy, who has filled in really well for him, particularly the last few games. Or does he drop Otoo to accommodate Hammy in midfield. Or does he drop MFW, to play him alongside Hammy (unlikely that one I'd say). Or does he play Otoo and Hammy and someone else, like Allan drops out with Otoo playing further forward? A wee bit harsh on Allan who appears to be coming onto a game now though who I thought was excellent the other night. We were poorer after he made the 3 changes when he went off.

It's great to have these headaches again though.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Grant said:

Wheres best for a pre match drink? Been years since I've been through to Starks. 

Lots are going to O'Connells on the high street. Although that is also where the wee fuds ran in and stole the flag last time, which resulted in the highland dancing on the high street 🤣 We were in the Penny Farthing across the road, which is a much better pub.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

Can’t see Hamilton getting dropped. Think it’ll be Allan to allow a midfield 3 if Hamilton Todd otoo. I’d say that would probably be out strongest midfield 

Yeah, that's probably what I'd do. He seems to Like Allan too though so who knows.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Digs said:

Lots are going to O'Connells on the high street. Although that is also where the wee fuds ran in and stole the flag last time, which resulted in the highland dancing on the high street 🤣 We were in the Penny Farthing across the road, which is a much better pub.

As Digs points out, O'Connels will be a shambles with potential trouble. Better over the road in the Penny. Decent boozer 

2 hours ago, Digs said:

Cheers 👌 I got served my first ever pint in the Penny so I've got nothing but fond memories of it. 

I'll see what the consensus is, reckon it'll be that or the Abbotshall which used to be decent back a few years. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

£24 for a game at this level is shocking. Looks like plenty are boycotting as ticket sales look low 

Aye, noticed that when I got mine. Maybe people not getting paid until tomorrow too though. You often see lots of folk not getting their tickets until Fri/Saturday

1 hour ago, Grant said:

Cheers 👌 I got served my first ever pint in the Penny so I've got nothing but fond memories of it. 

I'll see what the consensus is, reckon it'll be that or the Abbotshall which used to be decent back a few years. 

We're staying in the toon, at the Old Inn until 2pm and the minibus is going from there. Keep the Black and White pound in the only City in Fife...

• Upvote 3

I’d normally agree with dropping Allan to accommodate Todd, Otoo and Hammy but he has been really good the last 2 games. His set piece delivery is a big threat as well. Tricky decision.

If Bene starts I reckon we’ll be back to 5 at the back.

• Upvote 1