Good movies

Paradox

Anybody watched any films recently that they would recommend?

I've seen "Straight Outta Compton" (brilliant movie) and Everest (great film) recently.

Also keen on seeing the new Star Wars film as well as "Legend", the Tom Hardy film about The Krays.

Anybody recommend either of these?

Quite fancied seeing "Dirty Grandpa" too but reviews have been mixed.

Star Wars is really good, went to see it twice and preferred it the second time. 

Revenant is good, but not amazing imo. I think i hyped it up too much before going to see it. 

Spotlight was actually quite good, albeit quite dark. 

Film i'd recommend the most is Deadpool. Great film, really funny and as i said on the Deadpool thread it's helped by not being family friendly.

Just finished watching What We Do in the Shadows on Netflix. Very clever, funny film about 3 vampires living together in Wellington, NZ. Didn't realise until half way through that it starred and was co-written by one of the guys from Flight of the Conchords. Would recommend if you want 90 minutes of funny xD 

Just finished watching What We Do in the Shadows on Netflix. Very clever, funny film about 3 vampires living together in Wellington, NZ. Didn't realise until half way through that it starred and was co-written by one of the guys from Flight of the Conchords. Would recommend if you want 90 minutes of funny xD 

I'll second this, very funny film :-)

Concur on The Revenant, that it is both brilliant and a must see on the big screen. I don't think TV would do the scenery justice. I expect this to finally get Leo his elusive Oscar.

Also went to see Deadpool last week. Brilliantly funny, and quite quirky. Also very, very violent.

Archived