Who are you?

Vinnie

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

''during my reign the forum was pretty much Keyser.net.'' Genuine lol.

Vinnie, I've no great desire to work out what your previous username was and surprised you'd think I would rate a post according to its poster rather than its content. My thinking was that we regular posters had a pretty good rapport on dotnet over the past 10 years or so without actually knowing each other in real life, so it was the views and opinions which we respected more than the person sharing them. In the last year or so, a number of these posters introduced themselves to me, often with their username rather than their real one.

Ironically, two posters with whom I had a few ''disagreements'' with, Billy and Dougie George, are now two guys I'd happily buy a pint for and enjoy a bit of craic with......

Vinnie, I've no great desire to work out what your previous username was and surprised you'd think I would rate a post according to its poster rather than its content. My thinking was that we regular posters had a pretty good rapport on dotnet over the past 10 years or so without actually knowing each other in real life, so it was the views and opinions which we respected more than the person sharing them. In the last year or so, a number of these posters introduced themselves to me, often with their username rather than their real one.

GG, the original post in this (merged) thread was originally from last year, and not aimed at anyone in particular, I tend to think that most folk on .net were fairly even minded.  Although, I do reckon that folk who don't know each other in real life, will take some text out of context, and more often than not that will be based on a perception of the person typing.  I know that I do.

Archived