Beer

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good shout on St Mungos. Had a few bottles before and it's lovely. Saw it on tap somewhere recently too (though can't remember where). Had a pint of a beer called Three Hop recently which is made by an Edinburgh brewery.

I had the 3 Hop stuff a few weeks ago, it's decent.  I can't remember the brewery though. 

St Mungo's is getting more common on tap. 99 Hanover serve it in old dimpled pint pots, which are proper old school.

You people are sick...

Woe betide those who poison the sacred temple of their body with the Devil's Brew...

Anyway never mind that crap,the last time I was in the Commercial they had this brilliant scrumpy,the name of which escapes me,and it was absolute rocket fuel...

Great pub for real ales...

Right now I'm forced to live on Singha,the local lager,which is fine...but let's face it...

It's not McEwans Export...

"sigh"

I

Just Googled it and it's Caledonian Brewery that do Three Hop.

Anyway, just had a thought. For those who like beers such as the ones discussed in this thread, we could let others know of good pubs for away games that do this type. I'll throw in a few suggestions;

Dundee: Brewdog, The Beer Kitchen (Innis and Gunn bar), The Bank Bar, The Counting House (Wetherspoons), Braes, The Phoenix

Ayr: The Smoking Goat, The Twa Dugs, The West Kirk (Wetherspoons), The Brig

Well average white par, that serves you right for living in those strange foreign lands unlike me in Transylvania where they can knock up a reasonable beer.

At the moment I am testing Das Kastel (7.2%) and can say not too bad but a bit pricey at as much as 65pence per litre.

Ciucas (pronounced cook ass) and Ursus are passable local low alcohol (5%) beers that retail for about £1.10 for 3litres.

Will test some more for the benefit of The Forum readers in the very near future.

Just Googled it and it's Caledonian Brewery that do Three Hop.

Anyway, just had a thought. For those who like beers such as the ones discussed in this thread, we could let others know of good pubs for away games that do this type. I'll throw in a few suggestions;

Dundee: Brewdog, The Beer Kitchen (Innis and Gunn bar), The Bank Bar, The Counting House (Wetherspoons), Braes, The Phoenix

Ayr: The Smoking Goat, The Twa Dugs, The West Kirk (Wetherspoons), The Brig

I was just about to post that mate, I'm sitting in a hotel bar drinking a pint of it now. Lovely stuff.

Archived