Extremists

You understand that extremists want to make you hate 'immigrants'? I put that in quote marks because 'immigrants' are just people. Sadly a lot of folk want to make the fact that a person has simply moved somewhere else to work and/or live as their sole identifying factor. There also seems to be an unspoken consensus between people who dislike and/or blame immigrants/immigration that they are all non white Muslims. Whilst clearly some are (because they're people and some people tend to be non white, Muslim, and sometimes even both), many are white, many are Christian, many are Sikh, many are Hindu, many are not religious and so on.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see anyone hating immigrants. I see people who are fearful of who some of these immigrants are. We can't contol the extremists who were born and bred here, so it is no wonder people are worried that some extremists are coming here under the guise of refugees.

I don't see anyone hating immigrants. I see people who are fearful of who some of these immigrants are. We can't contol the extremists who were born and bred here, so it is no wonder people are worried that some extremists are coming here under the guise of refugees.

A mocked up poster, that you liked (presumably because it wasn't 'PC'), where a man is gleefully telling a boatload of migrants (possibly refugees)  to, and I quote, "**** off" strongly suggests a hatred of immigrants to me. 

I understand that there are legitimate concerns about terrorists using refugee flows as a cover, but I would suggest if you want to avoid being accused of racism, then articulating yourself through the medium of half-witted Britain First graphics is not the way to go about it.

Joseph Goebbels used imagery like the one above describing an entire race as vermin. Have we never learned a lesson from history? The masses bought into it and were made to suffer for years. We ask ourselves how could they? Don't be brainwashed with groups like Britain First. Hate will eat you away. 

Interesting and curious that a thread about extremists has morphed into one about immigrants, as if they were somehow one and the same. When I decided to run a marathon, a good friend said if I only wanted to do one, it had to be the London. In the same vein, if you only ever read one factual book, I strongly recommend you read "Bloody Foreigners " by Robert Winder. It's a fabulous, wonderful, uplifting book, full of humour and poignancy. The recurring theme is that each wave of immigrants is viewed with mistrust and suspicion, only for them to eventually integrate into British society and make important contributions to it.

The vast majority of posters on these forums are smarter-than-the -average bear. To them I say, read it. You'll be thanking me for the tip - guaranteed. 

Interesting to see that Ariana Grandes has agreed to a huge charity concert this Sunday with a few stars also likely to appear. Have to say she should be congratulated, but I think its possibly a bit too soon and probably too raw for the Manc's yet. Would have loved to have seen a Oasis / Stone Roses tribute gig purely on the basis on "one of their own".

Archived