Sponsorship initiatives

ExxyJj

East End Park sponsorship  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Toni Macaroni Arena? The Cheaper Insurance Direct Stadium? Would you welcome a stadium name change?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

East End Park .....or East End as most of us call it.

Always will be that no matter any commercial decision made, which I would support if it were obviously financially enhancing us.

Which is why I think itll be difficult to attract a stadium sponsor prepared to pay a substantial amount of cash.  We aren't on telly much, there is very little said or written in the media - the value to a business might be to increase brand recognition locally, and that has limited value if fans continue to refer to East End rather than the Amazon Arena, or the Sky Stadium, or the SRJ Soccer Dome, or whatever?

We might not but all the social media output would have those names and the print media and Sportsound etc would all use it eventually.

You put too much faith in the reach of Sportsound and print media, I cant the last time a major print media outlet wrote anything of any substance about the Pars, and the last time I read the football results in my Sunday paper, there was no mention "at EEP" or similar.  Official club social media might carry it, but Im not sure many fans will use it on social media.  If I was to Facebook tag myself at EEP, I would still choose to tag myself at East End Park, and not use the sponsors name.   

Well our official social media must have some value since now the club messages and indeed individual players have sponsors for tweets etc. Whenever you see a match report on the BBC etc is has the strapline with the venue and the Sky Sports app etc has that information too. OK it's not as high a visibility as Premiership grounds and stuff but it must have some value to someone otherwise the likes of Livingston, Alloa and Hamilton wouldn't bother either. 

• 4 weeks later...

We should try and get a deal with a brewery - beer can dugouts and decent beer in the bars?

Ha! That's brilliant. Get the club on the phone to Brewdog ASAP!

Id rather not... the guys who own Brewdog are a bunch of bawbags. 

Harviestoun or Innis and Gunn would be better bets.

Never met them but their company does some great beer.

Harviestoun would be good as well, as they too do some fine beers.

We should try and get a deal with a brewery - beer can dugouts and decent beer in the bars?

Ha! That's brilliant. Get the club on the phone to Brewdog ASAP!

Id rather not... the guys who own Brewdog are a bunch of bawbags. 

Agreed, they seem like prats. I really hate their naming convention for their beers, acting like they're some kind of revolutionary force. It's just beer FFS.

What really annoys me though is their alcohol-free beer. Not only is it terrible, but why in earth did they call it Nanny State?

Are they being forced to make it? No.

Are customers being forced to drink it? No.

Is it the only beer they're allowed to make? No.

So why the slightly self-pitying name? 

Archived