How do you solve a problem like Korea...?

Get China to stop giving them oil.

Or offer peaceful regime change with no criminal actions against the leader and let it become a Chinese dependency for a while until they decide what to do.

No idea if they would work either tbh

From what Ive read, I dont think sanctions will work. You cant reason with the unreasonable and Young One appears worse than unreasonable.

Get China to stop giving them oil.

Or offer peaceful regime change with no criminal actions against the leader and let it become a Chinese dependency for a while until they decide what to do.

No idea if they would work either tbh

From what Ive read, I dont think sanctions will work. You cant reason with the unreasonable and Young One appears worse than unreasonable.

The sanctions so far by China are pretty token. I don't blame them though, They will have to deal with the humanitarian crisis if there is war. However removing key infrastructure necessities might work. Oil being the example I used. Good chance it won't though too for the reasons you have pointed out.

• 3 weeks later...

Two idiots winding each other up is always gonna end in a scrap. 

Kinda wish that the NATO countries would join forces, grow some balls and tell Trump to wind his neck in.  

Trump is under fire from all directions. He needs a new newscycle every couple of days to change the story of each latest screw up. 

Trump is under fire from all directions. He needs a new newscycle every couple of days to change the story of each latest screw up. 

I said he needs a new news cycle.... he's already found a new subject

US President Donald Trump wrote on Twitter on Monday night that the island was in "deep trouble".

He added that its debts, "sadly, must be dealt with".

Whilst I agree that the debts must be dealt with, now is not the time to rub their noses in it.  Help them back to their feet and then discuss a plan to allow them pay the debt back.

You'd think the best thing for an American President to do would be to actually agree with North Korea and say how they want to become their friends in the region. The whole system in North Korea is based on the idea of the Imperial Yankee Evil (such that their primary school textbooks include maths problems like "there are 7 Yankee *******s and you kill 3 of them. How many Yankee *******s do you have left to kill?") and for any North Korean leader who feels weak or threatened internally by the military, other factions of the Kim family or whatever the easiest way to gain popularity and prestige is to stand up to America. By making harsher and harsher demands, it becomes easier and easier for the Kim dynasty to hold onto power. They'll never go for some kind of Chinese protection as the occupation by Japan is still a sore point and they want self reliance over everything else. So what's left? Play them at their own game... claim to be friendly, say you respect Mr Kim as a great leader and that you want to help the North Korean people - some people might believe it and demand change while others will be suspicious that the Kim family have been secretly cosy with the mortal enemy. It'll de-stabailse things for a bit and a new regime might emerge. Worth a try? Certainly a better plan than just saying that you're going to bomb them back to the around age.

Both Kim and Trump will be aware that they risk a major sh-itstorm by making the first move - I think they both realise they will lose support.  While both men are extremely stupid in their rhetoric, I suspect its at the point where both feel the need not to lose face and will continue pretending their wangers are swords as they play "who is the bigger twat?" on Twatter.

Archived