Forfar

Piracy

No doubt for me our biggest contenders for this title.

I think next weekends game will be a scrappy physical game so lets hope for a strong and fair referee, if there is such a thing.

If we can get a second win there it will be a massive physcological advantage.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely after the cup game, the monkey is off the back? Or do we need the win in quick succession to show its off the back and well and truly buried? 

Itll be a real psychological blow to them if we steal another victory and I expect we'll need to be tougher this time around to steal a result. 

Surely after the cup game, the monkey is off the back? Or do we need the win in quick succession to show its off the back and well and truly buried? 

Itll be a real psychological blow to them if we steal another victory and I expect we'll need to be tougher this time around to steal a result. 

They had ten men for much of the cup game though @Vinnie - I think the victory would have given the players a massive psychological boost though.

However, for me it's all about the league for me.  The cups are just a chance for a day out and for the Club to get some extra cash.

If we finish the season ahead of Forfar on a 'head to head' basis in the league this season, that will be the bogey laid to rest for me.

Is it possible for the manager to speak to the ref before the game about concerns?

If I was AJ I would be saying that they will target Fais and Falkingham in the first twenty mins for rough treatment.

To me these type of tactics should result in the manager being sent to the stand and an instant red card for the first challenge.

Instead our best players get injured slightly or pull out of challenges and they get the advantage for cheating.

Football is a spectator sport and the best players should not be allowed to get bullied within the laws of the game, it's ****e tactics from Dick Shambles.

They had ten men for much of the cup game though @Vinnie - I think the victory would have given the players a massive psychological boost though.

However, for me it's all about the league for me.  The cups are just a chance for a day out and for the Club to get some extra cash.

If we finish the season ahead of Forfar on a 'head to head' basis in the league this season, that will be the bogey laid to rest for me.

You should probably stop following football.

Anyway, enough talk of the ref. If we're good enough, the ref won't matter. Some people are acting like there's some sort of conspiracy against us. If we stick to how we can play, we have a great chance of winning and should be too good for Forfar. Obviously Forfar will be looking to disrupt us from doing so by using 'robust' tactics, so it's up to us to combat that by sticking to our game but giving a wee bit back ourselves. I also think it's over exaggerated just how physical Forfar are. Folk are talking on here about avoiding injury, but how many of our players have been injured as a direct result of a challenge by a Forfar player over the last few seasons? Williamson's injury wasn't a result of a bad challenge, so you can't count that one.

To think some people actually wanted that bigot **** Dick Campbell as our manager!

No talk of a conspiracy against us from me @Colonel John Matrix.

I do think that we get bullied by more physical teams like Peterhead and Forfar though.

Who knows how the cup game would have turned out if we didn't get the pen and they hadn't had a man sent off?

IMO Forfar will be there or thereabouts come the end of the season.  Still its all about opinions, eh? ?

So maybe we just agree to disagree on this one, and I'll carry on watching football...if that's OK? 

Forfars biggest advantage is the extremely fast bouncy pitch. We certainly struggled to play on it over the last couple of seasons that's for sure. I do feel the style of football that we are playing now can be well suited to the plastic surface. Wingers is the way to play.

Archived