Drones

Vinnie

11 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Should they be banned?  Or should there be a registration and licensing process - like driving, or piloting.

Heathrow shut due to reports of a drone sighting.  

Absolutely ban them, or at least remove them from sale without some form of licensing.

Surely they can shoot down a drone if its a potential risk to the public?

6 minutes ago, Paradox said:

Surely they can shoot down a drone if its a potential risk to the public?

Its probably not that simple given their manouverability?  Having said that, a marksman can shoot a Taliban fighter from a mile and a half away.

3 minutes ago, The Beer Baron said:

Just shoot the ****ers who are flying them into airports. That'll stop it happening. 

If they had found whoever was responsible for Gatwick, folk would be thinking twice. 

I really hope is just some twat getting up to high jinx, but there is an aspect of this, so soon after Gatwick that makes me think there is potential that something more sinister is afoot.

1 minute ago, Vinnie said:

Its probably not that simple given their manouverability?  Having said that, a marksman can shoot a Taliban fighter from a mile and a half away.

The issue, I think, is that these airports are surrounded by housing areas, motorways, etc. Fire a bullet and miss and you risk it hitting something or someone you don't want it to. True in Afghanistan as well I guess, but to a far leases extent.

1 minute ago, Vinnie said:

If they had found whoever was responsible for Gatwick, folk would be thinking twice. 

I really hope is just some twat getting up to high jinx, but there is an aspect of this, so soon after Gatwick that makes me think there is potential that something more sinister is afoot.

Going into the Pars game against Morton I heard some guy giving it "They should just shoot them" about the couple arrested for the drone incident.

Hopefully he had a wee think about that when they were subsequently cleared and released a few days later.

Great punk band from Manchester but I never did see them live. They were due to support Slaughter and the Dogs at the Ballroom, September 77 but the management cancelled the gig as the main band were known for flinging bags of flour all over the stage. Would have been my first ever gig too (first ever gig was October 77, Skids, Lou's, Richard Hell and the Void-oids and Clash, also at the Ballroom and a way cooler first ever gig).

Btw did eventually see Slaughter and the Dogs live in 99.

This is the East End Bounce punk correspondent live from Robbie Road. Back to Shereen Nanjiani in the studio.

7 minutes ago, Fu_Manchu said:

Great punk band from Manchester but I never did see them live. They were due to support Slaughter and the Dogs at the Ballroom, September 77 but the management cancelled the gig as the main band were known for flinging bags of flour all over the stage. Would have been my first ever gig too (first ever gig was October 77, Skids, Lou's, Richard Hell and the Void-oids and Clash, also at the Ballroom and a way cooler first ever gig).

Btw did eventually see Slaughter and the Dogs live in 99.

This is the East End Bounce punk correspondent live from Robbie Road. Back to Shereen Nanjiani in the studio.

'Shereen Nanjiani' was rhyming slang when I was at school!

Guest The Beer Baron
1 hour ago, Vinnie said:

I immediately thought something was afoot when I heard they'd shut the whole airport down because of a bloody drone, for hours. No Christmas terrorist shootings, or that but we need something to get the dribbling buffoons frothing at the mouth over that time of year. 

57 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

I hadnt thought about the fact that a bullet might hit a house or a car or worse... Although Im not sure what damage a bullet can do once the speed has died out of it? 

I'm pretty sure a trained marksman can take down a drone.

Use a gutty if not?

13 minutes ago, The Beer Baron said:

I immediately thought something was afoot when I heard they'd shut the whole airport down because of a bloody drone, for hours. No Christmas terrorist shootings, or that but we need something to get the dribbling buffoons frothing at the mouth over that time of year. 

At the time of the Gatwick drone, the Government was under pressure over Mays crappy Brexit deal and her hiding from the vote on her deal?  Somebody suggested it was a Government conspiracy to change the news cycle.  Quite frankly, May and this Government arent that clever.

Guest The Beer Baron

No, but the masses do still eat it up it appears. Same with the whole pathetic vegan pasty thing, or whatever it is. 

Meanwhile we get the leader of the aDF beaten up and hospitalized over here, happy news. 

Archived