Salmond arrested

Is this actually linked to the sexual harrassment investigation, or is this something new?  Are the Guardian using the sexual harassment investigation as a filler until more info is known? 

ETA - no confirmation of actual charge as yet.  Looks like media are indeed using the sexual harrassment case as a filler. 

23 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

I think the mishandling of the internal Holyrood investigation might affect any fairness of any trial? 

No wouldn't have thought so, surprised given the seriousness of the charges involved that it has taken so long to offer an arrest warrant. 

29 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

I think the mishandling of the internal Holyrood investigation might affect any fairness of any trial? 

May not be the same complainants. But even if it is, didn't the Holyrood investigation fall apart because the person leading it had a prior professional relationship with the two complainants? If so, then that wouldn't impact on a criminal trial I don't think.

15 hours ago, Superally said:

No wouldn't have thought so, surprised given the seriousness of the charges involved that it has taken so long to offer an arrest warrant. 

Perhaps because he's high profile they wanted to get it spot on.  

15 hours ago, SanguinePar said:

May not be the same complainants. But even if it is, didn't the Holyrood investigation fall apart because the person leading it had a prior professional relationship with the two complainants? If so, then that wouldn't impact on a criminal trial I don't think.

Im simply thinking that if Im his lawyer, the whole "witch-hunt", "mishandled investigation", "trial by media" cards will be played at every turn.  Youll be hard pressed to find folk who havent already decided whether he's guilty or not, because of the media coverage so far. 

I think the disappointing thing about this for a lot of people, is that folk have delighted in their ire of Westminster sleaze, while Holyrood was forgotten about.  Now Holyrood has its own sleazy story.  How many other secrets?    

Two different cases Vinnie. One isn’t attributable to the other, although I can understand why the public think they are.

Also altho he won his civil case , this is now a criminal case and won’t even necessarily mean he has the same solicitor. 

46 minutes ago, Piracy said:

Another aspect is what level of damage will this cause his former colleagues, political party and present Scottish Goverment. Sturgeon has had a number of private meetings with him over this according to various media outlets. She's potentially going to be dragged right into this.

Surely makes her position as First Minister a little shoogly pegged? 

100% fabricated evidence by the British state. They have history with this kind of thing. I feel sorry for him having to go through this. It may actually have the opposite affect from what the Brotish state want and galvanise Scot's desire for Indy. Who wants to be part of this horrible corrupt country the call Great Britain anymore. It's horrible.

See beloe link for their previous with things like this.

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2019/01/the-uk-government-manufacture-of-false-sexual-allegations/?fbclid=IwAR2dUozimatzy9ihETFxdOTrnRlblQ7fLF2jAxEIXvoxXrkGRez0R3fp4aA

Archived