McLeish to be sacked as Scotland Manager

Vinnie

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 01/05/2019 at 13:49, Vinnie said:

Bruce Arena is in the running.  An interesting suggestion, and perhaps unlikely to be supportive of either side of the Old Firm

TBH, I would imagine he would be even more likely to bias towards the gruesome twosome - he's unlikely to have even heard of many of the other teams let alone know their players.

Malky Mackay can f*** right off. Racist, sexist, homophobic, antisemitic ***** that he is.

1 minute ago, Fifes Elite said:

Less than a month until the next qualifier and must only a be a couple of weeks until a squad is to be announced. It doesn't look as though a new manager will be in place before then.

There seems to be a complete lack of urgency by the SFA to put a manager in place.  Seems to me that because International matches are usually two or three months apart, its almost as though the SFA have put it off for another day, and suddenly, times flown by and now there isnt time to get it done.  The SFA continue to appear to be incompetent.

6 hours ago, Vinnie said:

There seems to be a complete lack of urgency by the SFA to put a manager in place.  Seems to me that because International matches are usually two or three months apart, its almost as though the SFA have put it off for another day, and suddenly, times flown by and now there isnt time to get it done.  The SFA continue to appear to be incompetent.

Appear to be? ;-)

18 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

Appear to be? 😉

Yeah.... Im mot sure I can say that theyve done **** all seeing as Im not party to the SFAs work practices. 

Im surprised the media arent demanding more information about the progress, but perhaps thats an indication of apathy towards our national team?

2 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Yeah.... Im mot sure I can say that theyve done **** all seeing as Im not party to the SFAs work practices. 

Im surprised the media arent demanding more information about the progress, but perhaps thats an indication of apathy towards our national team?

Nail on head.  Interest in the National Team is on the decline.  Years of disappointments, combined with a lack of any real strategy is turning people off.

Every campaign we seem to suffer "the most embarrassing result in our history".  Personally, i wouldn't open my curtains to watch Scotland play on my front grass these days.

I actually prefer going to see the Scotland women's team.  They play with passion, like they are genuinely 'living the dream'.

2 hours ago, Paradox said:

Nail on head.  Interest in the National Team is on the decline.  Years of disappointments, combined with a lack of any real strategy is turning people off.

Every campaign we seem to suffer "the most embarrassing result in our history".  Personally, i wouldn't open my curtains to watch Scotland play on my front grass these days.

I actually prefer going to see the Scotland women's team.  They play with passion, like they are genuinely 'living the dream'.

Overall not qualifying is a big problem..We havnt seen money from a tournament since 1998 which means our governing body can't invest in our youth in the same way that countries that do qualify. Dire stuff just now and pretty mental how the SRU has a bigger turnover than the SFA

50 minutes ago, Fifes Elite said:

Overall not qualifying is a big problem..We havnt seen money from a tournament since 1998 which means our governing body can't invest in our youth in the same way that countries that do qualify. 

I agree that is probably part of the problem.  However, football here was damaged most when we took a TV deal with Setanta which went breasts up, that in turn allowed Sky to pick up the TV rights for a cost that seriously undervalued us.  That had a knock on effect, in my opinion - less money for clubs to attract players, paying less in wages meant players of lesser ability, which meant less quality, and a reduced TV audience, which means Sky are unwilling to pay premuim money.  Which means more knock ons, such as clubs cant produce players for the national team, which means less ability to qualify, which means less money.... and the cycle continues.

13 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

I agree that is probably part of the problem.  However, football here was damaged most when we took a TV deal with Setanta which went breasts up, that in turn allowed Sky to pick up the TV rights for a cost that seriously undervalued us.  That had a knock on effect, in my opinion - less money for clubs to attract players, paying less in wages meant players of lesser ability, which meant less quality, and a reduced TV audience, which means Sky are unwilling to pay premuim money.  Which means more knock ons, such as clubs cant produce players for the national team, which means less ability to qualify, which means less money.... and the cycle continues.

Yup, I agree there's a catalogue of things that have contributed

Chris Hughton has just been sacked by Brighton.  Two of the names already being linked are two names heavily linked with the Scotland job.  David Moyes and Slaven Bilic.  The SFA dawdling might mean they miss out on their number one choices yet again. 

Archived