McLeish to be sacked as Scotland Manager

Vinnie

Which will probably not come as much of a surprise to most folk.  

I cant think of anybody who would want to replace him though.  Which is really sad, when representing your country in any sport should be the pinnacle of your career. 

The whole of Scottish football needs restructuring, but the head honchos at the SFA will probably remain shortsighted.  So..... Who's next in the firing line? 

Link

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He did look unhealthy this past week or so.  I did read somewhere that the Scotland doctors/sports scientists tried to keep the players on GMT timings for the trip - I wonder if that contributed to the look of ill health?  

Of course, it is only a game, and if he's not well, good luck to the guy. 

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, The Roy Barry Fan Club said:

In all honesty, this says more about the state of Scottish football, and in particular its leadership from the SFA, than it does about Alex McLeish.

Expectations are too high.  We need to go through another few qualifying cycles before we see if the SFA's grassroots initiatives such as SoccerSevens will bear any benefits.  Until then, whoever comes in will have to deal with the same dross and mediocre  squad pool to choose from.

its good that he has gone. Personally I think he was the wrong appointment and was only given the job because the SFA shat themselves following being rejected by Michael O'Neill.

Now that they have sacked him the SFA need to get the next appointment right. They cant go about things the same way they did last time, resulting in this total farce. We have a chance of getting to Euro 2020, we have good players and we should be able to get a manager who can work with them.

Archived