New Kit Design

Vinnie

Not seen anything about this from the club yet? Is there likely to be a new kit? Obviously its a revenue stream to be exploited.

Alot of clubs seem to have been slow to promote next seasons kits, but one that has been released is Juventus.

Its been an age old argument about dropping the stripes or changing them for hoops, or whatever, but it seems the most famous of stripes wearers are ditching them.  

Thoughts on Juve?  Any idea when there will be a kit update? 

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Not seen anything about this from the club yet? Is there likely to be a new kit? Obviously its a revenue stream to be exploited.

Alot of clubs seem to have been slow to promote next seasons kits, but one that has been released is Juventus.

Its been an age old argument about dropping the stripes or changing them for hoops, or whatever, but it seems the most famous of stripes wearers are ditching them.  

Thoughts on Juve?  Any idea when there will be a kit update? 

Heard on the radio yesterday the reason for the change is design is to sell more tops in America where sales were bad due to looking to much like American referee tops

1 hour ago, the saline hill puma said:

Heard on the radio yesterday the reason for the change is design is to sell more tops in America where sales were bad due to looking to much like American referee tops

That kind of makes sense, I suppose, nobody of sane mind wants to be a referee.  

I actually think the Juve shirt is horrendous.  I think even Ronaldo will struggle to shift those for them.

Ive previously said that Id like to see a season or two where the Pars kit is slightly different from the stripes.  Absolutely the kit must be predominently black and white, but there is only so much you can do by sticking rigidly to stripes.  

New Juve Kit

25 minutes ago, the saline hill puma said:

I think its pretty poor that they have changed design based purely on sales in America, will be interesting to see if/how it impacts on sales of tops to fans closer to home (by home I mean local fans)

I have always thought that folk are too hung up on traditional kits - for example, Pars and the stripes, or QPR and their hoops - so it will be interesting to see if sales are affected. 

41 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Ive previously said that Id like to see a season or two where the Pars kit is slightly different from the stripes.  Absolutely the kit must be predominently black and white, but there is only so much you can do by sticking rigidly to stripes.  

Dortmund have always kept predominantly yellow and black kits in various guises, hoops, plain yellow with black trim, yellow body and black sleeves, while Bayern have had red and blue stripes, red and white hoops (if Im not confusing this with a training top?), theyve had plain red, they had red with white stripes.  Changing up the kit design isnt necessarily a bad thing? 

It's actually better than I was expecting (not sure about the salmon strip though).

However, it's pretty sad if that reason (US refs) is correct. Screw tradition, got to make more of that sweet, sweet money!!!

Would hate to see the Pars depart from BW vertical stripes. Plenty of ways to do that, good and bad.

Fingers crossed for:

• BW vertical stripes
  • Stripes going down the sleeves
  • Stripes on the back (and continuing uninterrupted from the front over the shoulders), with a black box for white numbers
  • Stripes to the edges, no blank venting area on the sides
  • Stripes of equal size (approx 5-7cm)
  • A decent collar, either round or small v neck. No raised collar or buttons
  • Black shorts
  • Black socks with red trim

That ought to do I think :-)

18 hours ago, SanguinePar said:

It's actually better than I was expecting (not sure about the salmon strip though).

However, it's pretty sad if that reason (US refs) is correct. Screw tradition, got to make more of that sweet, sweet money!!!

Would hate to see the Pars depart from BW vertical stripes. Plenty of ways to do that, good and bad.

Fingers crossed for:

• BW vertical stripes
  • Stripes going down the sleeves
  • Stripes on the back (and continuing uninterrupted from the front over the shoulders), with a black box for white numbers
  • Stripes to the edges, no blank venting area on the sides
  • Stripes of equal size (approx 5-7cm)
  • A decent collar, either round or small v neck. No raised collar or buttons
  • Black shorts
  • Black socks with red trim

That ought to do I think :-)

So, plenty for them to work with....... 

22 minutes ago, Teuchter said:

I bought this the other week simply because it resembled a Pars top. I don't think there has been one like this.

image.jpeg

Let’s hope there never is one like it...! 😂

i do prefer the thicker black and white stripes to be honest, the pinstripe never quite sits right with me, but that is definitely an age/era thing.  I grew up with the pars in the mid to late 80’s so fond memories of thicker black and white stripes.  

Be interesting to see what is tried for this year.

25 minutes ago, Rossmcno1 said:

i do prefer the thicker black and white stripes to be honest, the pinstripe never quite sits right with me

There does seem to be a split within the support on this.

Thankfully there are never any calls for a repeat of the red paint splattered kit - although I did buy it.

Archived