In The Summertime

33 minutes ago, Paradox said:

Reports of my demise are unfounded (so far).

Knackered however after walking 13.5miles around the city in 27⁰c heat today, and having not been to bed since 6am on Thursday morning lol.

I'm currently in Dresden.  Know what you mean about the heat.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Teuchter said:

Ah - ok.

Trout or Salmon then?

As it turns out, football and fishing aren’t mutually exclusive:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48524395

Aye, got banned off both sites. Maybe I've learned after all 🙂

Trout mostly but the brother in law has a Beat on the River Earn and I get a couple of days on that trying for the Salmon.

4 hours ago, GG Riva said:

I thought this thread was about Mungo Jerry's greatest hit. Imagine my disappointment. ☹

And imagine my relief. Hate that song ;-)

To answer the OP, I'm working at the Cricket World Cup, which is frankly brilliant. Long days, long drives and very later nights, but great atmosphere and getting to see a fair bit of good cricket. Loving the Bangladesh fans especially, they are fanatical.

• 2 weeks later...

I've still got my Daughters football to watch, when  she's not injured that is...so that will keep me busy.

Been playing a bit more golf, still honking at that but it's good fun. I have a golf day in June to look forward to, 2 weeks in Ibiza in a few weeks, my middle laddies 18th tomorrow, and as long as he comes home alive from Malia, I'll be going for a few pints with him, my dad and my other laddie at the weekend. I also bought him  tickets for the Liverpool Napoli game the day after I come back from Ibiza, so I've taken an extra day off to have a wee mini sesh with him in Edinburgh that day too.

Plenty to keep busy without watching Love Island. I've still be dragged into it by the Mrs though...every single year...

Archived